Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Rottenfuhrer wearing a tropical uniform?

Article about: I assume this is a DAK uniform, but unsure. Is it? I don't suppose any of you German-speaking members would care to hazard a guess what Daniel's last name is, would you?

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this Rottenfuhrer wearing a tropical uniform?

I assume this is a DAK uniform, but unsure. Is it? I don't suppose any of you German-speaking members would care to hazard a guess what Daniel's last name is, would you?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Rottenfuhrer wearing a tropical uniform?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this Rottenfuhrer wearing a tropical uniform?

Hi Bob, not "DAK" as such but certainly tropical. This tunic was inspired by the Italian "Saharina" pattern tropical tunic. The yoke which goes over the shoulder area and which forms the breast pocket flaps is very distinctive. These tunics as shown in the pic were Waffen SS issue, worn in North Africa by the small SD section which served there, but worn more widespread in Italy, the Balkans and Southern Russia.

I cannot make out the name either sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

This is the WSS version of the tropical tunic....the Panzergrenadier Division "Reichsführer SS" troops for instance did wear this tropical uniform in Corsica & Italy.
    Gutrein ?

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

it looks like the guy is from 22.SS-Freiwilligen-Kavallerie-Division "Maria Theresia"

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks guys! Now if I could just figure out what his name is. I tried several variations in the German phone book, but none of them are REAL names.

Hi as I see written Gutrein, it s an existing name.
    By the way the guy could be a hungarian Volksdeutsche. I ve spoken to a few MT veterans and they told me that the new recruits in the summer of 1944 became this tunic because they were in lack of the grey ones. They were equipped with grey tunics in September and October. Hope this helps.