Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Rubric for insane "SS items"

Article about: Perhaps we need a separate toxic waste rubric here to sequester and or confine insane, loopy and outlandish SS objects, that is, purported SS objects as a kind of Schreckenskammer. I do not

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    A 'home made' banner from an original 'Heeres-Verpflegung' (army supply service) sack. Who, why and when?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rubric for insane "SS items"
    P
    Many

?

That banner is very strange..
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

It was made last year, to sell on a french site where there is no control
    Annonces Collection casque allemand Toute la France - leboncoin.fr

When you see one piece, it's perhaps only one picture, the seller have nothing!

?

An "SS Authentication Sub Forum" would be an excellent idea I think just like we have on the cloth headgear forum.

Somewhere where we can post dubious things like my recent thread about Mr. Cockney's uniform.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    An "SS Authentication Sub Forum" would be an excellent idea I think just like we have on the cloth headgear forum.

Somewhere where we can post dubious things like my recent thread about Mr. Cockney's uniform.
    You are absolutely right, but my intent was to concentrate and otherwise isolate the especially outrageous and outlandish from the merely normally thus.

Your GDR/SS uniform is not an especially egregious example. It is fairly typical.

SS fakes also leap into the comical, outrageous and bizarre and it was my goal to concentrate these categories here.

But whatever pleases the readers is my pleasure.

?

I'm a big fan of the sub-forum.

Having one set up for the skull and prong brigade was a stroke of genius.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'm a big fan of the sub-forum.

Having one set up for the skull and prong brigade was a stroke of genius.
    The idea there was to channelize the frequently asked question, and, because Hritz at an early point on the dagger forum long ago, had made such a nice tutorial with these.

He apparently has gone back to the other site.

Those were the ideas, and it has sort of worked out, but not as well as I had hoped.

The SS material is prone to recurring questions, and an efficient management of these is in the interest of all. These concern: collar patches, cap insignia, arm bands, cuff titles and such. Such questions are asked endlessly, despite the answers being more or less at hand.

I had also thought that we should carve out more space to bring new, authentic and rare things to view and also promote the chance to analyze these freed of the chatter and confusion, as well as enormous psychic energy consumed by, as Ben writes, the "scull and prong brigade," with their tendency to crimping at the least provocation.

?

Having had to make do with just the one forum for each subject on WAF for so many years, what we have here is, dare I say it, revolutionary but we can still improve on it I guess.

I'd personally like to see the SS forum split up even further with additional sub-forums for "Research and Documentation", "RZM related posts" and my personal goal, "Translations!"

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Having had to make do with just the one forum for each subject on WAF for so many years, what we have here is, dare I say it, revolutionary but we can still improve on it I guess.

I'd personally like to see the SS forum split up even further with additional sub-forums for "Research and Documentation", "RZM related posts" and my personal goal, "Translations!"

Very good ideas. We will put them to Adrian and to Bob Coleman.

Andreas is the master translator.

- - ------- - -

The other forum is pitiful.

Rubric for insane "SS items"Rubric for insane "SS items"Here from elsewhere, and thereby do I mean the UK, comes this object of insanity, which purports to be a "Stammabteilung arm band."

I assume this is a somewhat crafted fake.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast