Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Rubric for insane "SS items"

Article about: Perhaps we need a separate toxic waste rubric here to sequester and or confine insane, loopy and outlandish SS objects, that is, purported SS objects as a kind of Schreckenskammer. I do not

Recent forensic studies have proven that the Geheimpolizei actually wanted the general public to be able to instantly recognize them. Once the full leather coats caught on as fashion in Germany, they were given these to wear, so they would still stick out. Not sure who carried out the studies, but i think it had something to do with teeth and human hair found somewhere in the mountains in Holland. Dont quote me on that though, there may be legal consequences.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rubric for insane "SS items"
    P
    Many

?

The Gestapo badges are yet another Philistine.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The Gestapo badges are yet another Philistine.
    One of so very many. For this reason and others, colleague, you and I are at pains to put real, valuable and significant items before the startled gaze of our readers, since the freak show is generalized.
    You can scarcely spend five minutes in the digital heaven without the sight of monstrosities, deformities, brutalities, and misery.

Our site does better, and some of us have worked very hard to get it thus.

?

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    That is the scuzziest hat I have ever seen. It looks like the cap cord is made out of a silver bungy and the skull was make by a kid with play do. I dont think anyone would fall for that. I think the visor itself is just made out of spray painted cardboard to boot. This must have been for a 3rd grade play or something, no one could seriously think that is real.
    I agree it was not made to fool a naive collector, though I really wouldn't be surprised if at least someone out there would be fooled. I think it does symbolize the fetishism, desperation and general ickiness of some aspects of the hobby and all pitfalls attendant thereto. Really, I just hooted the first time I saw it. I have a buddy who used to have a '94 Geo Metro (look it up). One day the hubcap fell off the thing, so he took a paper dinner plate, wrapped it in tinfoil and duct taped it to the wheel as a replacement. I think that machine had more grace and beauty than this piece.

The "very rare" SS Runes armband

Rubric for insane "SS items"

You will note that this thread, which focuses on acute knowledge on black SS tunics, has only a fraction of the readership connected with the freak show of 'insane" SS items.

Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936 112 have viewed this thread on the tunic versus some 263 interested in a show of deformities.

For me a black tunic is unreachable so I don't care so much, this thread has humor.

Anyway here's my contribution - the detail of the rear is stunning! If ya tell me this is fake I'm not listening

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7