Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RZM SS Tag

Article about: Hey all, I'd like to get a few opinions on this RZM SS Tag. I recently acquired a set of SS collar tabs from an antique store, the gentleman that runs the section has quite the collection. I

Default RZM SS Tag

Hey all, I'd like to get a few opinions on this RZM SS Tag. I recently acquired a set of SS collar tabs from an antique store, the gentleman that runs the section has quite the collection. I have gotten some other items from him and everything I've seen there, to the best of my knowledge, is authentic but I have no idea if these are reproductions or originals (or whether the tag is legit or not). If they are real I believe they are very early pieces (perhaps pre-WW2). If not real, were there reproductions being made around that time period? Uniforms pieces are not really my area so any help is appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM SS Tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM SS Tag
    P
    Many

The SS RZM tag is not authentic. As far as it goes, the collar patches don't look too good, either. Sorry.

- - ------- - -

This kind of RZM tag has been faked for decades.

We have dozens and dozens if not more of images of authentic collar patches as well as RZM nomenclature in rich, rich variety.

- - ------- - -

As rule, I do not list all the flaws in these things, since the fakers then use our site to improve their fakes.

RZM SS Tag

Here is an authentic item. If you compare things carefully, you will see some significant differences, and let these facts be a guide to you.

RZM SS TagHere is another for your reflection. I will leave the collar patches to someone else.

RZM SS TagThe RZM is a hobby horse of mine, you see.

RZM SS TagAs to your question, your items are likely reproductions made in the last twenty or so years. In fact, Nazi regalia was faked, at least in the minds of the Nazis,
    prior to 1933. If one found such old fakes, these would be, in effect, priceless.

SS insignia has been faked widely since the 1950s, as our senior people here will relate to you. Since the 1970s, there has been an unending avalanche of fake
    embroidered SS insignia.
    Here is the original price list, but today, there a dozens and maybe hundreds of various concerns and whatever making this stuff.

RZM SS TagIf you want some real items of this type, combat worn, our member M16 fan some for sale, but you have to join the site in order to buy them. I recommend it
    to the dozens of you who come here with such high hopes and fall short of your wishes.

The tags and collar tabs are no good as F-B rightly stated. Now what did that cute Albrecht Dürer bunny do to be smothered in this brassard?

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    The tags and collar tabs are no good as F-B rightly stated. Now what did that cute Albrecht Dürer bunny do to be smothered in this brassard?
    Well, the rabbit is not really smothered. He or she is providing the needed context and background across the span of life in Germany.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast