Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

S.S. Armband

Article about: [ATTACH=CONFIG]595526[/ATTACH I am partly to blame for being on a lengthy business trip... But "Lucy's gos some splaining da do" about the second photo.... I will post better pics

?

Default S.S. Armband

S.S. Armband[ATTACH=CONFIG]595526[/ATTACH
    I am partly to blame for being on a lengthy business trip...
    But "Lucy's gos some splaining da do" about the second photo.... I will post better pics this weekend if Fred and Eythel don't come over for canasta... Guh.... The pics of grandkids on a phone... Great...My stufff.... Guhhh..... Thanks Guys....Gwar
    Attached Images Attached Images S.S. Armband 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.S. Armband
    P
    Many

Better detailed pictures are necessary for an accurate opinion. From what I see in these limited images, I have some doubts. I believe by 1937, the cloth RZM tags were replaced with paper ones.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks Bob... I will... Ahem... Post better photos when I arrive home tomorrow..
    I appreciate the comments... Thanks...Gwar..

Bob, I would never take differing with you lightly, but 1937 SS Armbands did come with cloth RZM tags.

I do agree the pictures here are not the best. I would stick my neck out here and say the Kampfbinde shown looks promising perhaps but i have a problem with the proportions of the swastika. i do not know if there is distortion happening here with the bag or what. i also would like to be able to see what color thread is visible on the inside which is used to affix the roundel to the armband and the black trim at top and bottom. there is too much here I can't see. i say it may be promising only because from what i can make out, i don't see anything to immediately shoot it down. for a more confident opinion, i'll wait for your images tomorrow.

In the meantime, here is my 1937 Kampfbinde:

S.S. ArmbandS.S. ArmbandS.S. ArmbandS.S. Armband

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Bob, I would never take differing with you lightly, but 1937 SS Armbands did come with cloth RZM tags.

I do agree the pictures here are not the best. I would stick my neck out here and say the Kampfbinde shown looks promising with the hope you'll be able to supply those better images tomorrow.

In the meantime, here is my 1937 Kampfbinde:

S.S. ArmbandS.S. ArmbandS.S. ArmbandS.S. Armband
    Now you know why I never try to walk on water. Never to old to learn something new. I do believe the switch to paper labels did occur in 1937. Evidently, the change over did not happen on January 1st.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

yes, i should be more precise and i apologize for that.

to be clear, SS Kampfbinde were produced in 1937 using cloth RZM tags. what i do not wish to say is that all 1937 SS Kampfbinde were so tagged.

however, thinking here, i would want to check if that change (cloth to paper) did not occur in 1938.

i suppose the important thing is that i can not boot the OP's brassard out on the basis of the composition of the tag. however, i'd definitely like to see a straight on shot in good natural lighting of that swaz and roundel, the black borders and the inside of the armband showing how the roundel is attached. with these pictures, none of this can be seen.

something along the lines of the pics i've provided would be more than enough to make the call.

?

Flight delayed as usual... Ughh... I will post Fri.. I seems to look promising by your accounts and photos that resemble mine... I cross my fingers until I arrive home.. I am also pretty sure that it should be photographed in a way that can show CLEARLY the striping or banding... I have read here on the forum that it should be a certain "Style" or slant or either up and down.. I will have to do more research on the threads to be better prepared in upcoming purchases.. Thanks for your kind replies and I will post adequate pics soon...Gwar