Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

S.S. F M cufflink ?

Article about: i have recently bought a cufflink its oval with the ss runes over a swastika on it with black enamel and the letters F M on each side but i cannot seem to find anything like it anywhere .. i

quattronewf
    ?

Default S.S. F M cufflink ?

i have recently bought a cufflink its oval with the ss runes over a swastika on it with black enamel and the letters F M on each side but i cannot seem to find anything like it anywhere .. i know the F M stands for "Foerderndes Mitglied" who were people who backed the SS with money for protection but other than that i know nothing about it ... the has RZM on the back and L/17 and i have only ever seen one picture of them elsewhere and here is the link

The SS

anyone have any idea about this item or its rarity or any information.

thanks
    clet

2. # ADS

quattronewf
    ?

Default Re: S.S. F M cufflink ?

that was just a link to what my cufflink looks like those are not mine ill take some pictures of my cufflink (assume its a cufflink as it had a ridged little oval with a triangular part on one end) mine has the piece broken but i have the piece .. in the link i provided you can see the tip of the oval/triangle piece sticking off the back to attach it ..

Hi Clet, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to say these are fantasy items. They were never authorised for production during the Third Reich. The SS FM pins were never RZM marked anyway.

Cheers, Ade.

quattronewf
    ?

thanks Ade for the welcome ! this seems to be a great place so far and im glad i found it as i am new to collecting world but not new to the world war II history.. its been an obsession of mine since i was a child. Thank you for the information on the cufflink or what ever it is .. it still looks pretty good and i didnt pay for it as i got it with a pile of other items i bought in a lot i was just curious about it as i have only seen i once before.. but its good to know the truth behind it ..

so the FM lepal (sp) pins i see from time to time are these fake as well ? because some people are demanding some serious coin for fake items ..

cheers
    clet

Hi Clet, no, the lapel pins are real.

These were maker marked and alpha serial coded as well as issue numbered.

Cheers, Ade.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.