Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA-order important for the SS

Article about: Hello friends from the WRF, Herewith I do show three pages from an SA-order from January 27, 1934, which here and there is also related to the SS (especially Ehrenführer, those with honorary

Default SA-order important for the SS

Hello friends from the WRF,

Herewith I do show three pages from an SA-order from January 27, 1934,
    which here and there is also related to the SS (especially Ehrenführer, those
    with honorary ranks). Maybe you always wanted to know more about this. Note
    it is just something for a specific period of time, a snapshot!

The text is in German and will give problems for the one or the other, who is
    not able to read German. See it as a sort of "assignment" for Christmas (and
    New Year's eve or day) when one is bored or feels lonesome "and forgotten".

SA-order important for the SS SA-order important for the SS SA-order important for the SS

The wearing of an SS Ehrenführer cuffband is visible at right. Pitily letters are faded
    with the photograph, due to silver on silver. Further shown a silver embroidered cuffband
    for an SS Ehrenführer, and also one for the SA with Ehrenführer-text in
    ivory embroidery (both cuffbands are from my friend's David Delich most excellent collection).

Enjoy and have fun. Hope you like it?
    Wilhelm/Wim
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 12-24-2013 at 04:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA-order important for the SS
    P
    Many

Danke Wilhelm !

Ich werde meine Deutschlehrerin fragen, zu ubersetzen !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick, she will have a lot to do when translating all.
    Buy her a large bunch of (red) roses and give her a big kiss!
    She deserves it..........

Wim,
    Thanks for posting the order. I had been looking for something that specifically covered the Ehrenfuehrer. Here's a detail that shows those difficult to see titles a little better and also illustrates the special aiguillette (Ehrenfuehrergehaenge) referred to in your document.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA-order important for the SS  

The Ehrenführergehänge I told about in my - in 2007 published "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich".

In the chapter for SA I show it as a drawing on page 555 with wearing by Florian. Pages 554
    through 557 explains things. At that moment I had not met any person who owned such an
    aiguillette. For the SS I explained things on pages 473 through 474 and do show its wearing
    by Bouhler. I am still looking for a good photograph of the aiguillette, as well as such in wear
    by the SS and/or the SA. Many people do not know the importance for my aiguillette-book.

Looking at your photograph I see now the ends are different as I thought. I had no good
    photograph available when I made the drawings (maybe you could send me a good full copy of
    the photograph you include here ). One can look through the cords; the black you see is the
    black for the tunic.

Scan on its way.

?

"One can look through the cords; the black you see is the black for the tunic."

I'm not sure that this is correct, as I can see areas where the black line appears above the alu cord running beneath.

Thanks to you both for very informative and revealing material of the highest order. None of this would be as interesting were it really quite simple. Also, this pre Roehm Putsch SA/SS correspondence/orders is highly interesting in its own right.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2013 at 03:07 AM.

The document describes the variety of officer and their duties in some depth as found beyond the Organisationsbuch upon which I rely.
    The varieties of officers and their assignments and roles is essential to understand the SS, esp. the Allgemeine SS.
    Many thanks for this and such items as this document from such a fine authority do show us all why we work here.

Arran: what was meant was the braid, the large Geflecht. Not with the tips and so!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast