Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm

Article about: hello from Germany, neeed help fot this Item ,It is embroidered with silver thread. Can it be original? Thank you and greetings beauty

I checked old magazines and so also the German "Militaria" from Klaus D. Patzwall.

In issue 2 from 1979 he had included an article about SS-Fliegerstürme and its creation.
    He mentions SS-Befehl D.Nr.1 from January 14, 1932 and Nr. 3 from March 18, 1932. Maybe d'Alquen can help here??

In this article the wing is not mentioned but a facsimile from a old document about a cuff-title which include a small plane
    with SS runes.

The cover from the magazine. Note the person at left in a brownshirt with visored cap. He wears a wing upon his
    left breast, but if this is an SA-wing or a regular wing from the old DLV is not known. At right the SS-person wears
    the SS wing with eagle on top.

From volume 2 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany"

From volume 4 of the series:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm
    P
    Many

With reference to Wim's post #49 here are two SA badges that were in Ed Stadnicki's collection. The colour cast of the backing in these old prints is probably off as the background material, as Wim points out, was officially a light blue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm  

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In this article the wing is not mentioned but a facsimile from a old document about a cuff-title which include a small plane with SS runes.
    Never heard of that one. This thread keeps getting better! One could say that the stylized aircraft for aviators is the equivalent to the stized steering wheel worn on the early cuff titles for motor units.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    With reference to Wim's post #49 here are two SA badges that were in Ed Stadnicki's collection. The colour cast of the backing in these old prints is probably off as the background material, as Wim points out, was officially a light blue.
    These badges are described in Freiherr von Eelking's period reference "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" (page 25). The top badge (with the silver embroidered ring with black dots) is for pilots [Flugzeugführer]; the bottom one (with the red embroidered ring with black dots) is for observers [Flugzeugorter].

(The dotted rings are actually a stylized propeller hub.)

Von Eelking informs us that the SA-Fliegerabzeichen were awarded by the Oberste SA-Führung, were protected by law and not available from retailers. They were worn on the left breast, ca. 1 cm above the ribbon-/medal bar and centered above the button of the left breast pocket flap.

HPL2008: That's what I said in post 49. A part of the information was taken from Freiherr von Eelking,
    the rest from the Dienstvorschrift der SA from 1931/1932.

Yes, now I remember. It indeed was Ed who showed me the SA pilots badges with a photo. Through the
    years I lost this photo. I cannot remember if it was one or two, as it was thirty years ago. Maybe the
    ones shown here had another backing color (early tunic or so).
    Do you have better resolution photos? Could you eventually mail them too me for my files.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    HPL2008: That's what I said in post 49. A part of the information was taken from Freiherr von Eelking,
    the rest from the Dienstvorschrift der SA from 1931/1932.
    Sorry for the repetition, Wim. Somehow I had overlooked you had already stated that.

No problem. Better twice explained then once!
    I have more of such indications found for the SA,
    but for the SS......nothing!

I will go through a set of early documents that I have copies of and see what's there. I don't often consult them as the quality of the copying by certain archives was not too good. I will share what I find.
    Whilst we are on the subject of the SA fliers I should point out that personally I have always felt that the Patzwell photo that Wim shared shows a member of the SA. From 1925 onwards the black tie was always constantly and specifically mentioned as an identifying mark of the SS in orders.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm  

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Never heard of that one. This thread keeps getting better! One could say that the stylized aircraft for aviators is the equivalent to the stized steering wheel worn on the early cuff titles for motor units.

These badges are described in Freiherr von Eelking's period reference "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" (page 25). The top badge (with the silver embroidered ring with black dots) is for pilots [Flugzeugführer]; the bottom one (with the red embroidered ring with black dots) is for observers [Flugzeugorter].

(The dotted rings are actually a stylized propeller hub.)

Von Eelking informs us that the SA-Fliegerabzeichen were awarded by the Oberste SA-Führung, were protected by law and not available from retailers. They were worn on the left breast, ca. 1 cm above the ribbon-/medal bar and centered above the button of the left breast pocket flap.
    The page to which the learned colleagues refer.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-20-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Whilst we are on the subject of the SA fliers I should point out that personally I have always felt that the Patzwell photo that Wim shared shows a member of the SA. From 1925 onwards the black tie was always constantly and specifically mentioned as an identifying mark of the SS in orders.
    You are right. This was what Patzwall told me he was SS (the photo was signed as such), as far as I can remember as it was in about 1990.
    But I know of course the black tie had been there since 1925. I have it in a letter from about 1926.

After another search here are two more documents that appeared after Sido submitted his transcripts.

- - ------- - -
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm   SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm  

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast