MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Salty SS Canteen

Article about: by RH1941 a few more shots I took the canteen out of the cover and only saw one spot that I think is marked SS, but it could just be my eyes. Also you can see how dented this canteen is. Gar

?

Default Salty SS Canteen

Was out of town at the in-laws and stopped in an antique shop that I have wanted to stop at for years. Looked around didn't see much asked the owner if he had any military items . Said he had an old canteen dug around in the back came out with this salty beat to hell canteen. After looking up SS kit that Dimas had posted I saw the same makers mark. Its a SS 39/38 rzm marked on neck and cap. Hope you guys like it. It also looks to have a name on it but the cover is to dirty to make it out. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty SS Canteen   Salty SS Canteen  

Salty SS Canteen   Salty SS Canteen  

Salty SS Canteen   Salty SS Canteen  

Salty SS Canteen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty SS Canteen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Salty SS Canteen

Salty or not it's still SS.

?

Yes it is.

Lucky dog! Nice buy!

Jeff

?

Thanks Jeff if it could only talk. Gary

If you look on the inside of the felt cover, there is also possibly a stamp of some kind. Well done.

Salty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenSalty SS CanteenRunes and numerals with their own magic allure.

?

I will look for a stamp but this cover is very stiff and dirty. It's always a good feeling when you like SS items thank you for looking . Gary

I do not have images of the stamps on the two pieces I own, I think. The images are elsewhere on this site, though, that is, the RZM stamps of the felt cover. I cannot recall where, however. Happy collecting.

?

Friedrich-Berthold I'm glad to see I'm not the only one up this late. When I get home I will take it apart and see what might be hidden . Gary

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast