Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?

Article about: Here's another SS cufftitle from SS San-Abt XXVII for review. But IMO opinion another fake because I count only 5 and 6 silver wires on the edges. And if I'm correct it should be 7 wires isn

should you receive response from Mr. Delich, you will have helped put a very solid conclusion to a clean, informative and wonderfully illustrated commentary on the question at hand.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    So, if I understand it correctly, this is an authentic cufftitle? Well, at first I was impressed on the details and quality.
    But I was rather sceptic because he has also fake items for sale on his website. And, as I am no expert...

Now I emailled the guy for the price of it because he didn't priced his items on his website.

Thx again guys.
    Each item must be judged on its own merit. That said, I understand your cause for hesitation. It appears the strands go five, six, five, six... which is new to me, but as Arran stated, you will be better served examining the weave rather than counting the border strands.
    Thanks for posting this as I think I too may learn something new.

My mentor, David Delich, has this to say about said object, which is definitive.

"....I have no problem with the cuff title at all.
    Things of immediate concern to many collectors
    where the RZM titles are concerned is the #
    of aluminum threads in the borders. As it has
    been noted, the quality of the embroidery tells
    most of the story. I have very early allgemeine
    titles that utilize less than 6 threads. When
    I finally get out from beneath the many boxes
    re: my recent move, I will provide some scans
    of these. Oh, I also have early All-SS examples
    that bear as many as 10 threads in the edges.
    Another possible item of concern to many
    would be the blue-colored stiffener on the
    reverse. This color has also been used on
    at least one machine-woven title I've had the
    opportunity to see instead of the more commonly-
    encountered black..."
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-08-2013 at 04:34 PM.

?

Thanks FB, this is great news. I've allready asked the seller after the price but he told me to offer a honest price.
    Because he isn't in the collectors business anymore for almost 7 years he doesn't know exactly what he has to ask for it.
    He is the father of one of my collegues in the army so hopefully we can arrange a nice price for it. On dealersites the prices are rather high.

Cheers, Kris.

My thanks also to our tireless colleague, Friedrich-Berthold, for bringing in the opinion of Mr. Delich which in this business, as they say, one may take to the bank.

KRISSE, do keep us informed as to how things go for you in this endeavor. Good luck to you in your negotiations.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    My thanks also to our tireless colleague, Friedrich-Berthold, for bringing in the opinion of Mr. Delich which in this business, as they say, one may take to the bank.

KRISSE, do keep us informed as to how things go for you in this endeavor. Good luck to you in your negotiations.
    Thanks, friend, I am happy to do so in congenial company. I cannot speculate about the price, since I really am not hooked into the market in a substantial way. I just tend to overpay.

Mr. Delich's post also puts a stake through the bloated guts of yet another dull witted, collector lore dogma as concerns "seven threads" for seven sisters and other such claptrap.

The unsuccessful collector looks in the "text book" for the upside down doctrine, dogma, and dead ends of collector lore, and falls down a deep hole in doing so.

The urge to eradicate ambiguity in favor of a check list as well as the unwillingness to engage the subtle, the exceptional and the down right odd in all of this, damns the mediocre collector to failure.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.

San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?San-Abt XXVII cuff fake?Ambiguity:

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post

Thx Tempelmate!

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Thx Tempelmate!
    Will do. Tomorrow I will probably know more.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast