Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items

Article about: UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 7 Buy the Book as a reference! "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen" - by Dieter Deuster - IF you have a general interest in the POLIZEI branches (& especi

?

Default re: Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items

Hi Dave,
    have you ever checked hiscoll.com? He has a few schuma badges at the moment. Maybe he will have more in the future, who knows.
    Best regards,
    Pieter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Geoff's Unusual Schuma Shoulder Boards

Quote by dblmed View Post
    As noted in Post # 37 (& reposted here for Discussion & Review) - Geoff's very unusual 'Atypical' - but still very SCHUMA - Shoulder Boards, IMO, are quite fascinating.

For collectors of Schuma items, Geoff's additional Important & Confirmatory information & the Provenance, is the KEY, IMO, in that:

(1) The Shoulder Boards were brought back by his Grandfather during WWII, & have remained in the same family since that time - & -

(2) His unit was one of those which fought to the Elbe & were then forced (by Command) to stop there (thus, no point in risking any additional lives for territory which was previously ceded to the Russians.)

Has anyone else found other examples of this unusual SCHUMA Shoulder Board Type / Configuration?

I know it is a old thread, but on the photo of these Latvian schuma, i believe the same model of shoulderboards are used. The swastika is sewn very low on the shoulderboards.

The photos is copied from another forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items   Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items  

Default Re: Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items

This is a picture of my Great Grandfather... possible Schuma in the Ukraine?

?

Yes you can almost see the shoulderboard is pointy like on a schuma or eastern volunteer shoulderboard. If you compare a eastern volunteer shoulderboard with other models, you will se what i mean. To bad the collartabs have been "blackened out" But atleast you have the photo of him .

Would be most interesting to see how his uniform looked like.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Yes you can almost see the shoulderboard is pointy like on a schuma or eastern volunteer shoulderboard. If you compare a eastern volunteer shoulderboard with other models, you will se what i mean. To bad the collartabs have been "blackened out" But atleast you have the photo of him .

Would be most interesting to see how his uniform looked like.
    In the original photo there was insignia on his cap as well. Sometime in the 60s or 70s, the local police force responded to my grandmother's house for an attempted burglary. Instead of concentrating on the crime, they spent they questioned and intimidated my grandmother and her brother about their "picture of Hitler". After that incident, my uncle took a marker and blacked out the insignia.

?

If you have access to the original photo that were cencored with the marker, i believe it could be possible for a professional photographer or a museum to help you to see what has been blackened out. Museums even restore paintings that were ruined by people who painted on top of original paintings.

It is worth a try.

?

I would like to add this Schuma to the archive.
    Polizei tunic reissued for a Lithuanian Schuma.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items   Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items  

Attached Images Attached Images Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items 

great badges!

Very nice Trond that sleeve diamond is something you dont see every day.
    Cheers
    Dave.

The photos in post # 82 (I know it's a month old, but I've seen it only now) show an interesting detail:

Notice the "sawtooth" edge to the men's collar patches. Apparently, they are wearing recycled Zoll [customs] patches.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast