Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.

Article about: Latest acquisition courtesy of Bill Shea

at the risk of going against the majority, such a cap is much more interesting than the mass produced types we often see, and its early SS association and its craftsmanship of one of these small firms
    adds value to it, even if it does not have all these psychotic Himmlerian tags and stamps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.
    P
    Many

Mannheim was also in the period of this cap associated with the brutal early period of SS Standarte 10, commanded by Eicke himself, where he tried to blow up the Gauleiter. This Standarte
    was, in a fashion, for Eicke the breeding ground for much of the hateful things he then was able to effectuate in Dachau. I had not known all of this until I read the superb biography of
    this horrible person. Eicke was, by the measures we apply today to others who drift off into the Rote Armee Fraktion as well as ISIL or whatever, a terrorist.

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.psychotic.

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.This cap was or was not sold in Britain as the property of an SSTV sadist.
    "....A Third Reich SS officer`s peaked cap, with maker`s label of L.R. Zeumer, Mannheim, the leather sweat band pierced with the name "E. Zill", GC; with photocopies from "The Camp Men" showing photograph of Egon Zill (BDC) and details of service as an SS Sturmbahnfuhrer with the 7th "Prinz Eugen" and 23rd "Karna" SS Divisions, and service at various... Meh..."

If someone has the Stammrollenkarte of Zill the sadist versus whomever, the data on same includes the man's head size.
    I have the magic German head measuring thingy to measure the size of the cap.

I did not buy this cap in the belief it belonged to this sadist, nor was it sold to me as such.
    It is also an enlisted cap, and by 1935, already Zill the sadist was an officer.

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.Here is a HJ cap of similar date and similar make, but with the RZM tag.

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.An image of the cap while in a British collection. I saved this image from about 2003 or so.

schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.schwarze SS Muetze, pre end of 1934 or not.This cap is very similar in make, style, etc to this well known cap, ex the Mollo collection.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-05-2014 at 03:17 AM.

?

Im literally drooling right now, if I had your money roll..... enjoy your amazing purchase FB.

Thanks F.B., for sharing such an interesting and splendid item and providing the background to its manufacture and provenance. Im sure we are all glad to see it in your collection where members here have the opportunity to closely examine and enjoy.

On a side note, we often see the owner's name or initials perforated into the sweat band of such caps. It is always precisely done... I assume by the manufacturers compared to the handwritten name tag sometimes inserted under the sweatshield. Do you have any additional observations or views on this?
    Many thanks Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast