Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.

Article about: I must say FB, I rarely comment on your posts for my senses are overwhelmed with amazement. Your collection is one that seems to cross beyond the obvious into the surreal!

?

I must say FB, I rarely comment on your posts for my senses are overwhelmed with amazement. Your collection is one that seems to cross beyond the obvious into the surreal!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.
    P
    Many

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.Thank you. I reside in the surreal out of conviction.

- - ------- - -

All such things aside, my goal here is to offer images of real material.

The internet mostly has fakes in the picture section, and why does anyone want to see such things?

Looks like the cap that he picked up in 03 at the Max, its a cool visor and a neat one.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Looks like the cap that he picked up in 03 at the Max, its a cool visor and a neat one.
    Thanks. Do you mean to say that Pepera bought this in 2003?
    Thanks for the hint. The cap is in the Wim Saris book, the vol. IV. on p. 102.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. Do you mean to say that Pepera bought this in 2003?
    Thanks for the hint. The cap is in the Wim Saris book, the vol. IV. on p. 102.
    Friedrich,

I ran the catalog on all the caps and this was the one I thought it was and there was a second that was possible but this one I locked into as the piece. I think that is the cap as the one he bought was very distinctive although I am not a cap guy it was easily recognizable from others. I was to meet him to pick up two long guns he picked up off his ad's and he had just purchased a cap and another item before I approached his table and it was upside down on his case. I looked at it and he showed it to me and while I am not 100% sure I think this just may be it. It may have been a pre arranged deal and this was early in the show. Saris book dates to 06 so I would say the chances are good as he owned it then. I just remember it as I had not seen another like it and it was an early style with that muffin top look and brim. I still do not see caps like that really, and I thought it was really neat.

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.Thank you. I appreciate the insight.
    The cap has the cap wire, which adds to its Tellermuetze aspect, and it is a large size, which makes it rather more muffin like.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.Thank you. I appreciate the insight.
    The cap has the cap wire, which adds to its Tellermuetze aspect, and it is a large size, which makes it rather more muffin like.
    I just ran the caps off the catalog, and that is the only one remotely close to what I saw and may have confused another cap. Noty sure what you may garner off this and it could have been a walk in as well. Whatever it was he paid well for it and seemed a bit distressed after buying it. But this is not unusual for us and he would stretch on occasion to get a piece. I think that is it and not sure what records he kept and how detailed they were but the answer may be available if he noted when he purchased it or where. Would not be hard to check if that is the case. I just used muffin top as I do not know the proper lingo, but that's what I remember about it.

schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.schwarze SS Schirmmuetze, ca. 1934, ex Pepera collection.Thank you. As a veteran of these things, I am well aware of the ups and downs of ownership.

My goal is to put real material before a wide audience, despite all the travail. John Pepera, with whom I corresponded, set a fine example
    with his sharing of his remarkable collection, and I was unaware of the really stupendous edged weapons as well as party badges he owned.

You will notice that not one of these caps is identical to the other, as part of the travail, but also the joy of the thing.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-05-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3