Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

Article about: This Montur came from a world renowned collector and friend. It has many noteworthy aspects to it, not the least that it is an Allgemeine SS Kraftfahr or Motor tunic of early make and high q

great items F-B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra
    P
    Many

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    A wonderful item that has made it home with many other world class items.

Sweet!
    My thanks to you, in turn, for your generosity and your fine role with us here!

One fact in connection with this item is the shrinkage of the special Allgem. SS units, i.e. cavarly, motor, engineers, etc. in the face of the build up of the SSVT and the SSTV amid the general growth
    of the Allgemeine SS until the outbreak of the war. This point is in Koehl, as well as in Kaienburg and others.

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werrafoetid woolens.

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda WerraThe contrast between my piece, which is grey silk or whatever embroidery, and the white silk embroidery of the earliest epoch. Though, in the images my collar patch does look white, does it not?

I should arrange it with other grey silk badges I do have.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-10-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Just a question, as I am curious about it: what has an NSKK diamond to do with this mid-thirties tunic?
    The form of eagle was not introduced earlier then April 1939 and possibly even later (wartime).

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda WerraYou will recall, and Wim, please correct me, the embroidery went from white, to grey, and then to alu. by the middle of 1937.

I think it did so via popular demand as well as disregard for regulations.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Just a question, as I am curious about it: what has an NSKK diamond to do with this mid-thirties tunic?
    The form of eagle was not introduced earlier then April 1939 and possibly even later (wartime).
    I was actually wondering if you might know the answer, in fact.

I hope you do not wish to suggest that I placed the badge there, for I surely did not. Nor was such done by anyone known to me.

This item came to me from a very advanced collector and it, in turn, came from an even more advanced collector before him.

There are often details that do not fit with these objects, and sometimes this fact arises from the limits of our knowledge.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-10-2015 at 02:08 AM.

I can't help it: the form of eagle was not used before 1939.
    So, I cannot understand why the patch actually is on this tunic,
    which apparently is from the mid-thirties.
    Who has done it, I don't know. As you mention the position is neither correct.

Maybe d'Alquen knows if this patch actually was worn in later years. I cannot
    find any document or regulation mentioning it.
    A driver's patch was not included with the many Dienststellenabzeichen
    (Fachabzeichen) as introduced for the W-SS. Anyway the uniform-plate
    from September 1940 doesn't show it.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I can't help it: the form of eagle was not used before 1939.
    Thanks. I would mention this thread in passing.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast