Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

Article about: This Montur came from a world renowned collector and friend. It has many noteworthy aspects to it, not the least that it is an Allgemeine SS Kraftfahr or Motor tunic of early make and high q

?

Thank you F-B for sharing the images of your new service tunic and cap. More importantly thanks for your continuing dedication to spreading knowledge and learning. They could find no better home than in your fine collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra
    P
    Many

My thanks to Friedrich-Berthold for sharing pictures of this very beautiful Montur.

F-B, great to see the nice SS items (from your collection). Things to be proud of.
    However we stray from one's subject, the M2 tunic with NSKK patch from post 1.

Here the letter for the SA patch from November 27, 1939 with the agreement by
    Hitler from November 16, 1939. Note what is said about who had to wear it:
    volunteers for the SS-Totenkopfstandarten, at the right lower arm.
    To not discriminate the volunteers from the NSKK a likewise order was a fact
    a few days later (Mollo-images from volume 4).

By this it is obvious the NSKK patch should not be positioned onto an M2-tunic,
    but in reality onto a tunic from the Dienstanzug der SS-Totenkopfverbände.
    Do not forget: fiddling with TR uniforms already started in the fifties. I do not say
    with the M2 mid-thirties tunic one did fiddle, as I cannot prove that. But the patch
    should not be there officially!
    In this case the patch has not to do with motor-drivers, but just with voluntary
    NSKK-men into the SS-Totenkopfstandarten....

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

I ask myself: were the SA and NSKK patches worn for a long time? There is no evidence of
    them in the price-list Kleiderkasse Schutzstaffel der NSDAP, valid from November 1,
    1940. If I do have time I will try to find out if they were mentioned in the Mitteilungsblatt
    der RZM.

Yes, anyway the SA version (Ärmelabzeichen "SA" gross, silbergrau gestickt) was mentioned
    as a new entry with article-number 878 in issue nr.6 from May 11, 1940. Page 42. The NSKK
    version was not mentioned and so they were (as so often) not consequent. In May 1941
    the silvergrey SA-version was still included, as was an aluminum embroidred (article-number
    1154: titled für SA-Angehörige bei der SS (issue January 25, 1941). Until late 1942 no other
    information was included about the patches.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 01-10-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks for the additional data.

Once again we are indebted to Wim.

Thanks too to "FB" for sharing his superb items as well.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda WerraThe statement from June of 1934 is no less true in January of 2015....

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Once again we are indebted to Wim.

Thanks too to "FB" for sharing his superb items as well.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks to you, chief, for your website where such inquiry flourishes, unlike the loud, endless hectoring that goes on elsewhere.

?

A wonderful and informative discussion gentlemen , many thanks !!

Quote by Paul D View Post
    A wonderful and informative discussion gentlemen , many thanks !!
    That's why this forum is the best, or anyway one of the best! Enjoy!

Do let me say this: I look around at other sites, especially via the image feature in Google, and more often than not it is our material---the authentic material---that catches my eye in the Google search. I am highly partisan in this regard, I warrant you, but why don't you try it yourself.

I am not really skilled in the 21st century methods to examine the cavalcade of images, as I remain too locked in old habits learned in libraries, archives, and such in the dim past.

That is, I do not understand the metrics of usage and fame, as it were, in some statistically meaningful way.

Nonetheless, we seem to have more material of merit than others and we surely have a very fine analysis of sophisticated material.

I wonder if Bob Coleman reads this, if he would say something about the Ed Stadnicki collection, to which reference is made in many locales.

Thanks to Messrs. Wim and Derek for their fine analysis of arcane material.

My goal has been to share authentic material and to encourage a solid analysis by the standards of my profession.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast