Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SD black tunic for review

Article about: Would appreciate comments on this SD tunic. It is stamped VA 1938 on lining 9not pictured). Several pics to follow.

?

Default SD black tunic for review

Would appreciate comments on this SD tunic. It is stamped VA 1938 on lining 9not pictured). Several pics to follow.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD black tunic for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD black tunic for review
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SD black tunic for review

Close-up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD black tunic for review  

?

There is no Rock label, but instead:

?

Shoulder board tag:

?

Comments apreciated.

Better pictures are required. The VA tag is total fantasy. For me, this is a big red flag on this piece even with the poor pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Might I kindly dissent in the above as concerns the VA SS tag. I have seen this before in other uses, as in here...this cap is the property of Steve Wolfe or was at one point.

This uniform pictured here originally came from California from a reputable source and was sold by Whamond, who surely is no slouch in these things either. The alu piped SD rhombus indicates former membership in the Gestapa, that is, the original secret police in Prussia under Rudolf Diels at the time of Goering as Ministerpraesident in 1933. Such was later devolved to Himmler and Heydrich.

I own a similar uniform, not an issue one, but colleague Coleman knows it. Mine is a tailored piece from Koeln am Rhein. Those familiar with political geography will recognize that in 1933 Cologne was capital of the preussische Rheinprovinz.

Another lesson learned. This is one of the great values of this Forum. Thank you FB for the information. I fell in to the trap of "I have never seen that before therefore it must be fake" FB is a magician who can continually produce photographic evidence to support what he says. Bravo!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Another lesson learned. This is one of the great values of this Forum. Thank you FB for the information. I fell in to the trap of "I have never seen that before therefore it must be fake" FB is a magician who can continually produce photographic evidence to support what he says. Bravo!
    I am no magician, I have just wasted the better part of the past decade scooping up from the cornucopia put there by others. This tag is a variant of apparently short duration ca. 1937-1938 or so, though I am not sure. Also, in the case of a police role and mission uniform, maybe the thing was bought with state vs party money, ergo this tag. But the tags with the VA contract nos also existed in this form so enclosed here for the LSSAH. I refer to the middle image wherein appears the "Rock SS" tag in the pocket and the BeVo little tag with the VA contract number in front of the pocket.

But all of this is a guess. But I do think the VA 1937 tag in BB Frog's tunic is alright, and this piece got vetted by some respectable personages before he bought it.

Other people frolic in the grass, make love and prosper, while your correspondent here scours the internet for pictures of tags from eight decades ago.

I am sure also that our hard work is making the work of the fakers much easier, and for those fakers reading these lines: Schert euch zum Teufel: Pfui!

?

I have seen that kind of tags on the black M34 Feldmuetze and one on the SS early drillich hosen. Both items was a catch in one of the Russian theaters in the beginning of 1990's
    I like the tunic's liner , I think the tunic must be good
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast