Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SD diamond, and, SS runic collar tab....

Article about: Hello everyone, I had a bought this SD diamond not too long ago, and am in the process of doing an exchange. I just wanted to make sure my assumption is accurate. First thing I noticed, is t

Default SD diamond, and, SS runic collar tab....

Hello everyone,
    I had a bought this SD diamond not too long ago, and am in the process of doing an exchange. I just wanted to make sure my assumption is accurate. First thing I noticed, is the back has a spongy film fabric layer, that my other diamonds dont have. Second, is thre back of the diamond threading glows, oddly, not the front. You can see the loose fibers on the front glowing in pics. No good, I'm guessing? The second item, is a SS runic tab I'm begging offered, I'm trying to learn as much on these as I can, I'm assuming this would be a hand embroidered version, still on the tunic. Thanks in advance for the expert opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD diamond, and, SS runic collar tab....   SD diamond, and, SS runic collar tab....  

SD diamond, and, SS runic collar tab....   SD diamond, and, SS runic collar tab....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD diamond, and, SS runic collar tab....
    P
    Many

I've never seen a collar tab with this kind of embroidery. My first feeling is that this one is a repro. Maybe it was applied to a collar to help hide the poor reverse construction details, (just a thought not a fact). I look forward to see what others think of this one.

?

I once had an SS sleeve diamond which had the same threading as the above collar tab. My example was a clear repro. (Been 3 years since I've seen this one, but wow was that one bad)
    Here is it for you to compare.

Regards, Rik

I would avoid the runic tab for sure. The construction and material look similar to what I've seen on some Pakistani made fakes.