Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SD Oberscharfûhrer grouping for review

Article about: Hi guys, what your toughts on this grouping? Looks okay to me... Thanks.

Just one last thing: the tab in question markers stamp is indicative of the that marker. Here are some of Mr. Hirtz and other collectors examples for comparison.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	785055Click image for larger version. 

Views:	43 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	785056Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	785057Click image for larger version. 

Views:	50 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	785058
    Just my opinion but I think the tag is original. Still, FB makes a valid point regarding the Leimleinen or lack of on the other tab.
    *Looking closer the aluminum and black piping appears to match one another on both tabs and the example with the rzm tag shows a identical buckram as the other, you can barely see it just above the tag...strange, maybe someone put a real tag on a reproduction tab? Again I'll resign to those with greater knowledge. These are just my observations.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 01-03-2015 at 07:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I agree about the embroidery on the SD bullion Raute not being up to standards .
    The one shown from the Oakleaf Militaria set ( first one in post # 2 ) is just perfect , but this is reflected in the price .
    I purchased one recently , because of the major impact the organisation had in occupied Holland I always wanted to have one - and have been comparing all examples I could find ..

Here it is , not the best picture , but a quick group snapshot of what came in last month Raute-wise .
    Top 3 of these are bullion , and 2 of them were still wrapped for transport .
    But the perfect straight line bullion embroidery should still be evident .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winkelman.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	785196  

BTW , I think " Youth Collector " will maybe recognize the heavily worn " Verwaltungsführer " at the top of the group ?
    I was a little too late to buy it from Mario at the time , years ago , never forgot , and now I caught it after all at Martin .
    Thanks for taking good care of it , I still really like it - it may not be a hot & wanted combat item , but it's quite rare I think .

So it goes , suum cuique .

Best wishes for the New Year to all .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Administrative Period Pic. 1 Divisionsintendant Ernst Biesemeyer -   Kriegsberichter-ArchiveCom .jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	785197  

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    BTW , I think " Youth Collector " will maybe recognize the heavily worn " Verwaltungsführer " at the top of the group ?
    I was a little too late to buy it from Mario at the time , years ago , never forgot , and now I caught it after all at Martin .
    Thanks for taking good care of it , I still really like it - it may not be a hot & wanted combat item , but it's quite rare I think .

Wonderful news to here it's in safe hands and with a fellow forum member. That, along with a worn runic tab, are the first items to ever leave me collection. I saw they sold and cringed just a little. I wish you would've contacted when I purchased it a few years back though, it sounds like you really wanted it and I never like taking items highly desired from other collectors.
    Oh, so you know, I traded Martin for his SS marked fife cover. Recently I've been purchasing(final check has been happily sent) a untouched vet acquired black SS-TV musicians tunic which came with several SS instruments. The fife in the grouping was the only one missing its cover so I just had to have it. They, the instruments, were a separate find from the tunic and have great pedigree too, Andrew Mollo discovered them in the late 60's . I'll be debuting said items along with a few other great tunics in late Feburary so stay tuned please.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 01-04-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0251.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	785471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-063e.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	785470On the point of Leimleinen and collar patches.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Winkelman View Post

I forgot to mention the Verwaltungsführer raute was acquired from the SS veteran himself here in the States. If you contact Mario he may be able to provide you with additional information. Congratulations again on the pick up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12