Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SD shoulder boards

Article about: Here are a few pics of a pair of unissued SD shoulder boards. What do you all think, real or fake? Thanks !!

?

Default SD shoulder boards

Here are a few pics of a pair of unissued SD shoulder boards. What do you all think, real or fake? Thanks !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD shoulder boards   SD shoulder boards  

SD shoulder boards   SD shoulder boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD shoulder boards
    P
    Many

Default Re: SD shoulder boards

I am a little unsure about these? If offered to me, I think I would pass on them? I don't normally post an opinion unless I am 100% sure in my own mind, but as no one has replied to you, I though I would add a few comments to perhaps inspire some comments.

I have compared these to a set of regular Police shoulder straps in my collection, which are essentially the same design, except the black parts seen here, are brown on mine. The "V" shaped flecks are much neater done on mine.

Cheers, Ade.

I think the material around the button hole is far too wide to be genuine World War Two issue or earlier.

Remember, these style of boards were worn by police almost into the 1960s when the uniforms were totally redesigned to eliminate all World War Two look. New boards were made as WW2 boards wore out or ran out.

I often wonder how many boards are simply dyed black and sold as SD? I would pass on this particular online auction item. The place where it is being sold should be some indication. I have included a picture with smaller diameter material around the buttonhole to give an example of what it should look like.

-Martin Super
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD shoulder boards  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The "V" shaped flecks are much neater done on mine.
    This is also a very good point! The V's on the boards you posted are too wide in diameter.

?

Thanks guys, believe it or not, i look and find stuff everywhere, most of what i find is not in cyber space, lol ....... i have posted a pic of a group of U.S. Airborne patches i got from a friend who did an estate buy-out, the gentlemen who owned the estate was in his 90's. Not sure of the 101 eagles ?

?

IMHO genuine SD
    OF course, to be 100% sure You must make a little measurment:
    Outer cords "Vs" are after 8mm and they are 1 or 2mm dick,
    Outer cords (2 together - in German "Plattschnüre") are 8mm wide, internal 5-6 mm wide...
    Afterwar West German Vs are usually after 6-7mm...

Afterwar west german police shoulderboards were NEVER with black "V"s!!!
    BGS : dark green underlay, middle silver cord WITHOUT "Vs"
    Police: Without "Vs" on middle silver cords, or middle/dark green Vs"

NOte: It is very difficult to change the color of cords form green to black - the underlay must be separated form cords and after recoloring must be all put together.

Here are 100% original SD shoulder boards: