Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SD Tunic ?

Article about: Hello uniform and insignia experts I need opinions about this "SD" tunic... sorry for the bad pics... and... thank you for any opinion Pascal.

Name:  U-079r.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  46.2 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02012.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	922341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collar piping .jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	922342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	922343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0152 copy.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	922344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0934.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	922345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0936.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	922346I would also say that the collar does not look correct, and its fixture to the body of the coat suggests an unprofessional hand.

Again, this is all from the pictures, and such a thing is never complete.

It is very hard to find these field uniforms intact.

- - ------- - -

The Beaver books have a number of clear images.

I am privileged to own three SD/Sipo black uniforms, but they are a different topic than the one here....
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks for the inputs, seems we have the same opinion...

This green "SD" tunic is supposed to have been found in France - "Limousin" on a flee market with an LW Officer tunic, both wearing all the insignia and "untouched"...

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Thanks for the inputs, seems we have the same opinion...

This green "SD" tunic is supposed to have been found in France - "Limousin" on a flee market with an LW Officer tunic, both wearing all the insignia and "untouched"...
    I am delighted with such a wonderful story, but my observations are less charitable, and they are the result of decades of experience.

I did not hear back from David Delich. If I do, I will post what I find.

If I had a dime for every "complete black SS uniform" and the remarkable story that went with it, I could....

I mean, I have many black SS uniforms, and some complete ones, to be sure, but these things are seldom as a thing of magic and fairy stories as we hear.

I do not like any of the insignia on the green SD tunic, actually.....
    damit, basta.

Agree totally !

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    but these things are seldom as a thing of magic and fairy stories as we hear.

I do not like any of the insignia on the green SD tunic, actually.....
    all is said...

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    all is said...
    I would rather the thing be real for all concerned, but this was a very small organization, and the premium of wiping out all evidence of its existence in 1945

was far greater than its manpower. I am very, very happy that I own the three or so black pieces I have, of which I am convinced of their authenticity.

Hritz has a field grey tunic of this kind in the normal SS cut, and there are those in the Beaver books, of course.

I briefly owned one in 1972 or so with all the badges, but it was really an army field blouse with the SS/SD badges.

The North German surprise packages have had such items, too, but certain of these I would treat with skepticism, especially from the tall thin owner of the surprise package mit der Nickelbrille.

- - ------- - -

Good luck. Stick with the nice things you find and thanks for the clear pictures of your things. We enjoy them here.
    damit, basta.

I guess these things need to be treated with a more than healthy dose of skepticism... but could the difference in the quality of the sewing and insignia be related to the time period, the pre wartime black uniforms exacting quality, attention to detail and apparent lack of variance vs mid/late or late war, use of slave labor, or possibly foreign (French in this case?) made insignia?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I guess these things need to be treated with a more than healthy dose of skepticism... but could the difference in the quality of the sewing and insignia be related to the time period, the pre wartime black uniforms exacting quality, attention to detail and apparent lack of variance vs mid/late or late war, use of slave labor, or possibly foreign (French in this case?) made insignia?
    Yes, this is all true, but I have been looking at embellished and tarted up grey SS uniforms since the end of the 1960s, and the tunic itself is some kind of police tunic
    of the era. The insignia are not authentic. Many of the those who labored as slaves were, nonetheless, trained in the craft.
    damit, basta.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	087u8-1.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	922567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gma6547.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	922568More data
    damit, basta.

Break:

David Delich says:

".....From my first look, it appears that the SD raute is
    the result of a very sloppy embroidery job, and in my humble opinion, the
    sewing job on the sleeve eagle should not have included the lining of the
    sleeve. ..."
    damit, basta.