Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SD uniform black before the war?

Article about: Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes the black uniform was worn. Cheers, Ade.

ESP
    ?

Default SD uniform black before the war?

Did SD really use the black allgemeine SS-uniform before 1938?
    look: http://ssl.sync.jp/sproutoy/images/p...1001_image.jpg

2. # ADS

Default Re: SD uniform black before the war?

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes the black uniform was worn.

Cheers, Ade.

ESP
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes the black uniform was worn.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ok! Thanks!

best regards/ESP

Quote by ESP View Post
    Did SD really use the black allgemeine SS-uniform before 1938?
    look: http://ssl.sync.jp/sproutoy/images/p...1001_image.jpg
    Hi ESP-
    I would like to correct part of your question. Your misunderstandihng is a common error voiced on line. The black uniform was worn by all factions of the SS as there dress uniform. After the start of the war, it was worn less and less. Allgemeine SS members were volunteers and likely had only black uniforms. However, there is a gray version of the Allgemeine uniform that is usually only encountered in wear by higher rankng officers of the Allgemeine SS. All other branches of the SS also would wear the black uniform as a dress uniform. I hope this clarifies your understanding.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

ESP
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi ESP-
    I would like to correct part of your question. Your misunderstandihng is a common error voiced on line. The black uniform was worn by all factions of the SS as there dress uniform. After the start of the war, it was worn less and less. Allgemeine SS members were volunteers and likely had only black uniforms. However, there is a gray version of the Allgemeine uniform that is usually only encountered in wear by higher rankng officers of the Allgemeine SS. All other branches of the SS also would wear the black uniform as a dress uniform. I hope this clarifies your understanding.
    Ok! I thought only the allgemeine SS wore it. =) Thanks for the information!
    Acctually, I have another question to you. Maybe a little bit off topic.
    I found a doctor's mantel in one of your threads the other day and noticed a blank collar tab. How come a doctor in allgemeine ss has the SD-patch? Shouldn't he wear a standarte-number or something!

best regards/G

Blank right collar tabs are not unique to the SD. They were worn by individuals posted to specialty units such as the Sanitats unit as shown on the Dr.'s mantel, members of the Staff of an Oberabschnitt and the SD. In all of these cases, there posting would be indicated by either a sleeve diamond or a cuff title.
    BOB

For your reference, a period photograph of an officer of Totenkopf Thuringen and The Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler dressed in the black dress uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD uniform black before the war?  
    BOB

ESP
    ?

Blank right collar tabs are not unique to the SD. They were worn by individuals posted to specialty units such as the Sanitats unit as shown on the Dr.'s mantel, members of the Staff of an Oberabschnitt and the SD. In all of these cases, there posting would be indicated by either a sleeve diamond or a cuff title.
    Ok. But why is the collarpatch on the mantel blank while the collarpatch on the tunic has number 34?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...mantel-008.jpg

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...mantel-002.jpg

Quote by ESP View Post
    Ok. But why is the collarpatch on the mantel blank while the collarpatch on the tunic has number 34?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...mantel-008.jpg

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...mantel-002.jpg
    At the time the photograph was taken, he was attached to SS Standarte 34. T he cufftitle on the mantel indicates that Dr. Brubacher at the time he wore the coat was attached to Sanitats Abt. I, which was based in Munich and under the contol of SS Oberabschnitt I in Munich.
    BOB

ESP
    ?

At the time the photograph was taken, he was attached to SS Standarte 34. T he cufftitle on the mantel indicates that Dr. Brubacher at the time he wore the coat was attached to Sanitats Abt. I, which was based in Munich and under the contol of SS Oberabschnitt I in Munich.
    So he wore the blank SD-collartab on the mantel although he was under the SS oberabschnitt (San.-abt I)?
    Shouldn't he be under an abshchnitt of SD and wear a blank cufftitle too?
    Sorry im a little confused. Hope you don't mind =)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast