Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

shoulderboard

Article about: Hey there guys. I've been handed a project of a costume where I need some oddball shoulderboard and I managed to find a supposed original on the web but I am looking for a reproduction of th

Eva
    ?

Default shoulderboard

Hey there guys.

I've been handed a project of a costume where I need some oddball shoulderboard and I managed to find a supposed original on the web but I am looking for a reproduction of this style. It doesn't need be 100% perfect but I do need something close. I have found similar boards with less rows of piping in them readily available but thus far not this style. Most what I find have four rows not eight like what I need. Might anyone know where I can obtain a reproduction or the type cording/piping used to make these things . I only need one so these Pakistani guys who repro the stuff won't even talk to me about a single piece for one costume. If anyone has one or can steer me to a repro I would appreciate it. I'll attach a picture I found on the net of the supposed real one. Also does anyone know if these were also done in black and white besides the silver and black or am I being handed criteria that never existed as they want black and white on this costume? I could do these from scratch but darn it's an awful lot of work if I don't need to.

Thanks Eva
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture shoulderboard  

2. # ADS

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Eva
    ?

Default Re: shoulderboard

hiya

Yes I am familiar with the link you sent and unfortunately this is the late 4 row style that I can't use. These are the Pakistani made ones which I have already researched . I specifically need the early eight row style. Thanks for your efforts and consideration. The type you reference are available all over via different vendors and ebay and I actually have some, but the people I am making the costume for specifically want the early style. I have found originals for like 500.00 which is way over budget for one item to make a costume and really originals have no place in theater if they have said collectible value. If anyone has any further suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks again Eva

?

Default Re: shoulderboard

Quote by Eva View Post
    hiya

Yes I am familiar with the link you sent and unfortunately this is the late 4 row style that I can't use.

Are the costume's NSKK? as The strap that started this thread is not an SS but a NSKK, all ss em straps are 4 rows even the early ones

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.