Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?

Article about: by youthcollector1 Here are the two examples side-by-side. It would certainly be nice to have these in hand so that one could see it's true color. Yes it looks quite similar! Thank you very

?

Default Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?

Hi everyone!

I bought this wonderful collar tab few months ago as "signal" unit, but after had a look to others signal or cavalry waffenfarben I'm wondering if mine is really a signal one.

What do you think?

Your help will be appreciate!

Thank you for your answers.

Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signal or Cavalry Waffenfarbe?
    P
    Many

I'm just sitting here wondering if these tabs were ever piped.

Looks more like a SS-Aufklärungs or Recon tab in my opinion. The tab itself appears promising but I personally can't speak on the authenticity of the piping nor when it was applied to your example. I believe Doug owns the set below and could be helpful in your search for an answer. Not too many collectors possess such a example, including myself.
    If real and of the SS-Aufklärungs unit, it is a exceptionally rare item and very, very valuable.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 06-30-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    Some were.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    Yes, they were. Here's another example which was used in the Waffen-SS Panzer divisions.
    The application of the piping on the above example, which is correct, could be of use here. Fingers crossed you have a winner sir.

?

Thank you for your answers!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Looks more like a SS-Aufklarungs or Recon tab in my opinion.
    Recon tabs were copper brown. As I can see on your pictures, the yellow is lighter as mine, but maybe it has just passed with years.

Quote by youthcollector1
    The tab itself appears promising but I personally can't speak on the authenticity of the piping nor when it was added to your example.
    As it comes from Helmut Weitze, I hope that's an original!

Quote by Waban View Post
    Thank you for your answers!
    Recon tabs were copper brown. As I can see on your pictures, the yellow is lighter as mine, but maybe it has just passed with years.
    You are quite welcome. The information that these examples, SS-Aufklarungs tabs, are piped in a darker yellow comes from the dealer who sold the set above and not period documentation I've seen, thus I very well could be wrong. I would, however, contribute the colors discoloration on the set to wear and being exposed to the elements, such as light, for 70 years. They are clearly a well-used uniform removed set and I'm sure time has somewhat altered their appearance . Again, good luck.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-01-2014 at 02:00 AM.

?

The information that such examples, SS-Aufklarungs tabs, are piped in yellow comes from a dealer and not period documentation, thus I very well maybe wrong.
    You are quite right with the Aufklärungs tabs, as they have same yellow as the cavalry.

I could find some others signal tabs but they are well worn and so have also the passed yellow colour.

Quote by youthcollector1
    Again, good luck.
    Thank you very much!

Here are the two examples side-by-side. It would certainly be nice to have these in hand so that one could see it's true color.

?

Here are the two examples side-by-side. It would certainly be nice to have these in hand so that one could see it's true color.
    Yes it looks quite similar! Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast