Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Sleeve eagle query

Article about: Hello, Firstly I hope my incoherent babbling and total lack of 3rd Reich knowledge doesn’t mask my question and I’m sorry I don’t have a better photo. I’d like to get a sleeve eagle one day

?

Default Sleeve eagle query

Hello,

Firstly I hope my incoherent babbling and total lack of 3rd Reich knowledge doesn’t mask my question and I’m sorry I don’t have a better photo.

I’d like to get a sleeve eagle one day if I can afford one just to put with a relative's WWII belongings, but am aware there were variants and would prefer one as in the photo on our right which unfortunately can hardly be seen.

The other one has a larger gap between the top of the wing and the next line and as I haven’t spotted one like this amongst all of those shown here on the forum, I was wondering if the gap just looks that way in the photo (the wing seen on the right doesn’t have the gap) or could it be that the eagles shown are from different manufacturers?

To me the eagle’s head in this thread looks very similar but the wing is different SS Sleeve Eagle

Thanks for any advice
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sleeve eagle query  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sleeve eagle query
    P
    Many

There are Many variations of the sleeve eagles. Many different makers and different eras,etc. as well. If you are looking for one, there are several available for sale in the Classifieds here that you may want to take a look at.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks for the reply and putting me straight on the variations.

Yes I regularly look at the eagles in the classifieds and I'll no doubt buy from here but need to put the money to the side first without my wife knowing why.

Tony

So you hide this hobby from the wife, eh Tony?

My wife has horses and my justification is that her hobby turns a $20 bale of hay into a $1 bag of manure.....

And hey presto, no more arguments!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Haha mate she sold her horses a while back and keeps bees now, they pay for themselves.

She's knows about the WWI stuff and the bits I've bought to represent my grandad's WWII service but would defo crack a $hit if I delved into her family's war service.

I'll quietly siphon off a bit here and a bit there from the bank account until I have enough besides, I'd prefer a tunic removed example rather than a mint eagle so I'm quids in already