Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some good ASS portraits

Article about: by Robert H Ja das gute Bayern, for interest my named Standarte 31 Uniform and Visor was getting researched and I get all files over the next some weeks. Incl. with photos from the owner fro

?

Default Re: Some good ASS portraits

I'm awarding 1st prize for nicest portrait to this enchanting young lady with a gleam in her eyes. We can but hope that no harm came to her.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some good ASS portraits  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some good ASS portraits
    P
    Many

My favorite so far in terms of clarity of the details has got to be this one:
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Another good headgear study:
    http://www.rotel.de/maurer/photo/pho...e=fot14608.JPG

....And those have me puzzled:
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Blank black collar patches and a breast eagle over his left pocket... What is he?

Here is an interesting oddity, a Wehrmacht NCO wearing an officer-style white tunic with collar braid:
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    (Images are flipped.)

Also of interest; a Wehrmacht enlisted man wearing a Waffenrock converted according to wartime regulations:
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    (Also flipped.)

?

Isn't the flip due to the way it was taken from a negative?

did a flip of it in gimp and it looks okay now ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some good ASS portraits  

?

another...

No, the three images of the "mystery man" were actually NOT flipped.
    Please look at the way his tunic is buttoned.

?

teach me to pay attention....if it was a snake it would have bit me....

is the breast eagle even there or is it just the "non faded" area behind it after it was removed ?

Quote by jlava View Post
    Is the breast eagle even there or is it just the "non faded" area behind it after it was removed ?
    I was wondering about that, too, but I think the eagle is still there. In this photo particularly, its right edge appears somewhat "raised" over the tunic's surface:
    Photoausstellung Maurer
    I guess the fact that no details within the eagle's outlines are visible is probably due to the light and/or fading of the insignia. I could be wrong, though.

?

looks/reminds me of the "felt" the Army Air Corps pilots put behind bullion wings...or at least looks like it is raised a bit...
    cropped it in gimp and sized it up
    Attached Images Attached Images Some good ASS portraits 

Quote by BenVK View Post
    And also one transvestite...
    Your powers of keen observation are not limited to the craftsmanship of caps, to be sure.

The description in German from Passau included by our good HPL Kollege on details of the owner of the Fotoatelier and her family is especially interesting, really. Her family was in the wine retail trade (as was my family in the Rheinland of another time...) a prosperous undertaking, which allowed her sisters and her to engage in the arts and trades, and to open said Fotoatelier in the middle of Passau, where they were adjacent to the Cathedral and also lure in customers from the Danubian traffic, i.e. the Upper Austrians from nearby. Attachment: Passau as it looks today. It stands at the confluence of three rivers, the major ones being the Danube and Inn.

This is all so much more interesting than so much of what gets batted about here, thank God.

Ja das gute Bayern, for interest my named Standarte 31 Uniform and Visor was getting researched and I get all files over the next some weeks. Incl. with photos from the owner from the micro films.

FB, we should meet sometime in the Franken Area in 2010.
    I will contact you also soon by email for one requested you got.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast