Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

some Heydrich images

Article about: First one is for me a laughable shoot, I assume Himmler really got fear about him. In some days I will scan some nice large photos of him. Of course many material is already known, but it is

Default some Heydrich images

First one is for me a laughable shoot, I assume Himmler really got fear about him. In some days I will scan some nice large photos of him.
    Of course many material is already known, but it is always interesting might to see a new photo of him. I read so much material about him from Linas Biographien to other Biographien that I have to say he was the most interesting person in the III Reich. The early years are most interesting too as he was in the Navy and got this connection with Canaris. And there is still a myth about him that is maybe true or not, but I would not wonder.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement some Heydrich images
    P
    Many

Default Re: some Heydrich images

There are many bad biographies of Himmler and Heydrich, without much basis in fact. Shlomo Aronson wrote a sound work on the famous son of Halle an der Salle, and it has withstood the test of time. Lina Heydrich's autobiography is not reliable. There is no scholary biography of Himmler, either. Biography is always interesting and profitable. It is also true that the lives of these people remain compelling, granted how short and violent they both were.

On the other hand, the opening of archives in central and eastern Europe since 1989 means that far more valuable material exists on these people and on the SS in general.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-31-2008 at 05:59 AM.

michal
    ?

Good biography of Heydrich was published by Max Williams in 2 volumes. Here is another photo of Heydrich and Terboven in Norway.

Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture some Heydrich images  

?

I understand David Irving has written a new biography of Himmler, although this historian is much abused I found his works on Churchill excellent.

John

I for my part is very reserved about books as everyone can write a book and spread out what ever he wants with it. It is always importend to be self oriented.

And just yesterday I went to the Huntington library to see the Gutenberg Bible there.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    And just yesterday I went to the Huntington library to see the Gutenberg Bible there.

The Huntington Library is a very nice place. Old Pasadena is very pleasant, really. You must see more of the Golden state, especially some of its northern climes. There you will find things of interest, too. At the Hoover Library at Stanford are some of Himmler's photo albums taken from the Starnbergersee or Tegernsee house. There are also the Heydrich funeral albums, which are interesting, too.

There is also the Handakte of the personal papers of Wiedemann, Hitler's adjutant for a while, with many documents of the regime in the years 1934-1938 or in estimable value in today's world.

These things would interest you, surely.

Happy collecting.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Nice box shot with his peronal flag