Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some SS items,

Article about: The coins BTW , are fantasy items , widely available over 10 years ago - I wonder if they're still being made . They were quite convincing at the time ( fine detail , maybe die-struck ) ..

Default Some SS items,

Hey guys as well as the SS kepi i have also been offered these items, it includes x3 stamps (these are often reproduced), SS food coin and brass oil candle lamp, what do you guys think?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some SS items,   Some SS items,  

Some SS items,   Some SS items,  

Some SS items,  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some SS items,
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some SS items,

Hi Glen, to put it bluntly, these are junk.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Stamps at least are artificially aged fakes IMO

?

Fourth Reich I'm afraid Glen. There is a thread in the Paper items forum that shows variations of these stamps, which have been around for many years. They originate from Poland, and are unfortunately being sold as original pieces all over the world.

Regards,

Carl

Bad to the bone! And they keep cropping up !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Yep, seen those stamps in several Eastern European countries along with '100% genuine Luftwaffe Leica cameras - special price just for you!,' I first encountered them in Poland IIRC.

Exotic items...Glenn you are so young...be careful !

?

I am glad to see you post these Glen, however horrible these pieces may be, as it shows to others the correct way to go about this business. If in doubt, post it first. Well done, you have saved some money.

Some more images of one of those replica stamps are shown below...

Notice the artificially aged handle, with the scratches/grooves almost appearing clean in places. This reproduction example is actually almost identical to the genuine stamp that was used at the post control room at KZ Gross-Rosen. Only one letter has a slightly different form, which gives it away when used on documents. Fakers use the replica stamps to make otherwise plain items, such as Feldpost for example, seem more desirable. An example of this was shown recently on the forum, where a paper collection was displayed including a Feldpost letter marked with one of the WAFFEN SS stamps as shown above. A genuine piece was ruined, because somebody wanted to mislead the buyer into believing that they were buying an SS item.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some SS items,   Some SS items,  

Some SS items,   Some SS items,  

Thanks for your time Carl in posting more detailed information with pictures for me to learn from
    Thanks, Glen.

Shiny brass is also a giveaway on modern fakes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast