Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ??

Article about: Ok, i was offered all of these tunics, what do you all think of them, please let me know. thank you Brian

Default Re: Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ??

I have some sub-guns( class 3 ) that i could sell, and yes he is stating these are originals, How does the insignia look to you, and does the cut of the tunics look correct also.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some SS tunics i've been offered, what do you all think ??
    P
    Many

?

The first tunic is decent-looking, but the insignia is crap, and the collar lacks piping, so it's almost certainly a fake.

?

I am way to green in collecting to pass judgment over the internet. I own several tunics and have handled enough to feel very uncomfortable about the tunics you have shown.

My advice is this; buy only from established dealers who guarantee what they sell with a full refund if the item is fake. Understand what their policies are up front and what experts they will trust to adjudicate an items legitimacy.

When you buy from a dealer there is typically an inspection period. Get the item to an expert for a second opinion.

If you make a mistake and buy repro/fakes and lose possibly tens of thousands of dollars, you will have no one to blame but yourself. It is a terrible, terrible feeling. Avoid it.

Get second and third opinions, handle real items, study the references, search threads for fake insignia. A lot of your questions can be answered by some research. Take your time.

When you make a good buy and have an honest, wonderful piece, it is a great feeling. Enjoy the hunt!
    Last edited by Tricot; 04-17-2010 at 11:11 PM.

The first one has remains of thread under the collar edge, from where piping used to be, You can tell there used to be piping there.

As i believe the tunic is good, and some one added the items to it at a later time.

The other tunics look good to me, also, but I'm no expert here, and yes, The owner has agreed to give me an inspection period, for a full refund.

I have an MP5, MP5KPDW, UZI and a M16 shorty that i could sell to raise the funds...

Brian

The last one is surely a repro judging by the wool alone. I'm not up on political stuff but the military issue items look pretty fake to me.

Quote by Tricot View Post
    I am way to green in collecting to pass judgment over the internet. I own several tunics and have handled enough to feel very uncomfortable about the tunics you have shown.

My advice is this; buy only from established dealers who guarantee what they sell with a full refund if the item is fake. Understand what their policies are up front and what experts they will trust to adjudicate an items legitimacy.

When you buy from a dealer there is typically an inspection period. Get the item to an expert for a second opinion.

If you make a mistake and repro/fakes and lose possibly tens of thousands of dollars, you will have no one to blame but yourself. It is a terrible, terrible feeling. Avoid it.

Get second and third opinions, handle real items, study the references, search threads for fake insignia. A lot of your questions can be answered by some research. Take your time.

When you make a good buy and have an honest, wonderful piece, it is a great feeling. Enjoy the hunt!

You hit this one on the head Tricot.
    Good Advice............We've all been there at some time !

Regards, Steve.

Thats why posted pics of them here, as the books are never as good as having experts look at items here.

Brian

?

Get the tunics inspected before you sell your Class 3's. If the black tunic is legit, as a stripped black rock, it's only worth (guessing here) 7 grand or so. You would have to buy insignia (good luck finding a numbered TK if that's the way you want to go) and have a restorer slap everything together. Collecting is like fishing, wait for the right piece, get something with original insignia. A restored tunic will only be worth the sum of its parts. But a nice original...

I may be wrong, but there are no deals. If something's not being sold for market price, it's for a reason.

The person offering these is not your friend. Anyone who would purport these are original is a liar and a thief.

Bob Hritz

He said the top 3 he knows are legit, he has never been able to verify the last one, the one everyone is saying is bad, but from everything ive read, and the pics i've looked in my books, and the pics on here.

The top 3 do look good to me, and the sleeve eagles look good also, as does the SS collar tabs, and rank side tabs also.

The bottom one, i really did not like the cut, especially the pockets on it. It looks too new.

Thanks
    Brian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast