Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?

Article about: Foetid woolens shrouded in confusion and mayhem! Myself, I am weary of the mayhem. It is made worse by the push button opium of the internet and bad manners that reign here.

Default Re: Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?

Having photo-shopped this name from several different angles and methods, about the best that I can make out on what it is seems to be "Jobst Gerte". I wonder-is there any data base anywhere that lists the SS officer's names that could be filtered to show anyone named "Jobst" with a last name initial of "G"? Or was the name, perhaps, reverse written as "Jobst,Gerte"?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?
    P
    Many

Jobst is a first name, really.

But, voila, there was a Jobst Harry at the Junkerschule Toelz in the 1938/9 rank list, and I see an H after Jobst. If such is true, it is a JST cap, then the new owner hit the bull's eye. If this is true, then I want a commission.

I did not find a Jobst Geise, though. However, the 1938/9 rank list is incomplete because of all that came thereafter.

Confusingly, (if that's an actual word!) I've been researching on this particular name and close spelling variants abit, and I've found "Jobst's" as both given names And surnames. For example, there was a U-Boat captain by the name of Oberleutnant zur See Karl Jobst in WWII. And, to make matters even clearer, there was another U-Boat captain named Leutnant zur See Jobst von Harsdorf ! A very frustrating name!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm simply excited to see there are to much people ready to help a simply man like I, and I apreciatte so much!
    Ben VK, Steve, FB, William .. Thanks!
    I tried to made different pictures of different angles, prospects. I thought use the ¨photoshop¨ to change the colours.. I'll try to localize a friend to do it.
    If you recommend me to do another pictures with other angles or ¨special picture using ISO or..¨ to see it more clear only say me.
    To have an identified article, with It's history is very especial!

Well, if the cap did belong to Jobst Harry, then you really lucked out. Others charge a fair amount of money for such research.

Ah! William, Yes, you're right! very frustating. Could we see the solution only putting the name in google!
    I don't have special SS books how FB to investigate it.
    Instead, I have some information about U-Boat, my first hobby.

Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?While the internet is surely the bee knees in terms of push button wonders, a serious person who spends thousands on SS regalia can spend also a small sum on this object, which is widely reprinted and a useful tool. Of course, the fact this information is now widely spread also means that the fakers can employ it, but such is life.

Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Rank lists represent an important aspect of our interest, and a vital tool for the serious and successful collector. For anyone who has spent any time around officers, one realizes the seniority and date of rank bulk large in the inner life of the officer corps.

FB, you have every reason in the world. This is a very beautiful hobby, for honest and legaly people. I've seen some websites with horrible reproductions and for sell it how authentic!!
    I don't know a good solution for it.. Maybe erase the post.. or private it..

My apologies for my poor english.. I hope the people understand my answers correctly!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast