Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?

Article about: Foetid woolens shrouded in confusion and mayhem! Myself, I am weary of the mayhem. It is made worse by the push button opium of the internet and bad manners that reign here.

Default Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?

I recently have this Allgemeine officer's visor cap. It has a erased name inside, and I would like to know the real name of the original owner and get information about him. All the help is value!! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?   Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?

It looks something like 'Helmut Geise' to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello Nick,
    Thanks for your appreciation. I think Geise It's almost sure, but the name.. Maybe Jobt..
    Where can I get information about Allgemeine officer's...? And compare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?   Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?  

Last edited by Guderian; 01-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.

?

Sorry to say but I fear that your hat may not be original which would make the question about the name rather redundant.

Hello!
    I don't doubt even 0,1 % of the authenticity of this visor. Made of high quality black. The seller is an experimented seller and the last owner is a distinguished person.
    You say the name is rather abundant. But which name do you see?
    Regards,

George

There are issues - in other words, the cap is likely a fake - if so,
    researching the name is rather useless........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hello Steve,
    Can argue that is a copy?
    Regards,

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?  

?

Could you take some more photos please? I'd like to see more details of inside the cap, the stitching etc.

Yes of course. What name do you see inside? Here's the pictures and the description:

Allgemeine-SS Officer's Visor Cap. The cap is an approx. size 57. It is made of high quality black, doeskin wool, with a black crushed velvet center band. The cap features white wool piping and a set of silver/aluminum wire chin cords, which are affixed to the cap via two aluminum, pebble finished side buttons. The visor is made of black fiber, with a cross hatched, cream/brown colored underside. It features a fine, uncleaned example of a second pattern Death's Head, with 95% of it's original finish, and dark patina. The cap also features a second pattern SS eagle cap badge, which is also untouched, and uncleaned, with great patina as well. The cap is lined with golden rayon lining, with approx. 20% of the celluloid sweat rhomboid remaining. There is a name on the liner, which has been inked out. The leather sweat band is made of beige leather, and is undamaged. The cap is untouched, and uncleaned, with bright and vivid color. It is free from mothing, holes, tears or damage on the wool body. There is some moderate moth damage to the white wool piping, around the front, centerband, and on the back by the center band, and rear side of the upper piping. The overall condition is very good. This cap is formally of the Bob Coleman collection

Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?   Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?  

Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Somebody can help me to guess whose name is written here?Here are two not dissimilar caps. Let me also say that I know Bob Coleman, Bruce Herman, and Ben VK and respect them, all of course. Bob has collected for a long time and I trust his judgment. The cap here diverges from the type of cap with the black interior and the stamps and tags, but so do the enclosures I have here, as well. I have not examined the cap in question, and am prepared to do so if the present owner will pay me a fee and expenses. I do not think this is an Atwood hat, either. While no RZM tag is present in the cap in question, I also own black SS officers' caps without these, and, of course, they do fall out. 1945 was a long time ago. Or they disappeared prior to 1945. Let me repeat, that I am friends with the original owner and the dealer, as well as one of the figures who has raised doubts. If I receive hectoring for this fact, do note cordially that I will take assertive measures to ensure that such posts and persons disappear from this website forever. This comment in italics is also not directed at Ben, of course, but at others known to him and me, Ben is a fine person, with a keen eye and a critical mind. I have great respect for him, and if he were at hand, he could fix a lot of loose threads and other things for me.

Also, if you cannot make up your mind about SS regalia, and wear your heart on your sleeve, that is, cannot absorb the normal doubts and flak, then do heed my advice based on more than forty five years of hard experience: don't collect this stuff.

Bruce Herman is a major dealer of SS material in the US, and one has only to examine his wares carefully to see that his items are first rate. Together with Whamond and Shea, he has fine things. I receive no compensation for this. I buy black SS regalia from him and have for more than a decade.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast