Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Article about: Thanks to my colleagues for the RZM tag survey. The problem with all of this is really quite simple. Most people have never handled real material, and in this instance, a goodly chunk of rea

Default Re: Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

The Shea Beaver book also has image of authentic items of this type as a guide, as does the Saris book.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Plainly the backgrounds of the RZM and runics is either black or white.
    That's right, white or black but the top one has only one ring around the runes. Neither has "Nr." before the "A" either which is something quite consistent on other tags.

However, I've now noticed something even more strange and gives me reason to doubt these tags even more.

Look at these 3 again. Two are marked by the same number hersteller 61 but in different font and ink and the RZM Nr. also different. No big deal I guess, different production run, different ink stamp. But why is the other hersteller which I can't make out the numbers (1415?) stamped with the exact same blue inkstamp?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen   Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

?

Dear friend, we know how particular the RZM were about the trademarks, example from a period publication, was it the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM? I forget.

Anyway, here's a feldmuetze that I would have a lot more confidence in compared to the dozens of pristine black ones and their IMO, dubious tags.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen   Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

?

Actualy, just noticed these 2 are NOT the same design tags anyway. The fonts are different and also the rings around the RZM mark.

All very strange indeed..

I am fairly certain that the one on the right above is a fake.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Dear friend, we know how particular the RZM were about the trademarks, example from a period publication, was it the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM? I forget.

Anyway, here's a feldmuetze that I would have a lot more confidence in compared to the dozens of pristine black ones and their IMO, dubious tags.
    This species of tag was introduced in late 1934 and was phased out, I think, ca. 1936.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am fairly certain that the one on the right above is a fake.
    I agree with F-B. There is one more thing I can identify that is consistent with these faked tags.

CMH

?

I would not worry much about the "Nr" vs. "No" printed on the label. I have seen several examples that have "No" printed:
    Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

These are not from SS items, clearly, though they can support the appearance of the abbreviation "No" on period items...that is if one believes these to be genuine as well.

As F-B writes, close examination of these can quickly give the fakes away. I have handled a few of these counterfits (unfortunately, I was taken in by a set at the beginning of my collecting) and the printing on these labels actually flakes off if lightly scratched with a fingernail, whereas this is not the case with the original. When held along side of an original they simply scream "phony" and it all becomes quite clear.
    Last edited by DrCMH; 10-02-2012 at 01:16 AM.

?

A pair of stinkers for contrast...
    Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen
    Note the identical serial number. My apologies to F-B for parading these, I know how he detests this practice but I hope to be able to utilize this fertilizer to nurture some further knowledge in this area.

CMH

?

Proof that the sharing of our treasures profits those who seek knowledge as well as those who would do our community harm...
    And again...

CMH

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast