Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Article about: Thanks to my colleagues for the RZM tag survey. The problem with all of this is really quite simple. Most people have never handled real material, and in this instance, a goodly chunk of rea

Default Re: Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Quote by BenVK View Post
    That's right, white or black but the top one has only one ring around the runes. Neither has "Nr." before the "A" either which is something quite consistent on other tags.

However, I've now noticed something even more strange and gives me reason to doubt these tags even more.

Look at these 3 again. Two are marked by the same number hersteller 61 but in different font and ink and the RZM Nr. also different. No big deal I guess, different production run, different ink stamp. But why is the other hersteller which I can't make out the numbers (1415?) stamped with the exact same blue inkstamp?
    ================================================== ====

Let me add some interesting info I think... First of all sorry for my bad english...

1- did you ever noticed that the black "paint/ink" on original RZM tags is water soluble... ? And fades if one rubs with a wet finger...
    (I have also noticed that this is not necessarily the case on ALL RZM tags).

2- It's easely possible that the tag wich is very often in contact with sweat or wet hair or other moisture, can be worn out by this constant friction...

3- "1415" is not a maker number, but more a registration number of the eastern country theatre it comes from (Poland if I remember well), have a close look on the tag and you can see the shadow of the former maker code.

and an other pic of the worn out white size stampe...

4- This "61" maker tags => serial numler : "38516" are endeed fakes no doubts, I had already pointed it out a year ago in the here "NON GRATTA" Brown forum... Finding 2 identical RZM tags on 2 different side caps (a "green" SS-VT and a black one) the same serial number...

Odd... - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

They are also artificially worn out... In fact are the worn out areas print defects...
    Last edited by Pascal BERNHARD; 03-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen
    P
    Many

More..

here with 2 RZM tags on 2 different visors, both never issued and nevertheless... one is darker than the second...

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Therefore it also depends on the amount of ink used at the time of printing the RZM tag...

Saw the difference early on.White runes in black and visa-versa.

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    More..

here with 2 RZM tags on 2 different visors, both never issued and nevertheless... one is darker than the second...

Therefore it also depends on the amount of ink used at the time of printing the RZM tag...
    And this example well illustrates the range of the possible in fact versus the dogmatic insistence by some for a kind of standardization that was utterly alien in the epoch and actually alien to the culture of real German uniforms for centuries. The dogmatism of the present says more about those who embrace it, i.e. their own insecurity and intellectual weakness in the face of the ambiguous evidence, versus the richness of what actually happened, and its unrelenting demand on us to figure it all out with reinforced knowledge. If you want a handy check list with ten lines as the ultimate weapon to defeat the faker, then go collect space race era lunch boxes.

?

Standardization can be so boring, it is the divergent pieces that catch me eye.

CMH

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething I am not sure about.

?

It seems like the tag missed it's talc-kaoline base, and just painted over it. When I first saw it, I got doubts, but I'am still in doubts and can't answer, just based on the pictures. And also the Tuchmuetze tag on the Feldmuetze
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenThanks. I have seen the Tuchmuetze tag in these Feldmuetzen before. This cap is just far too good to be true, but I am surely not an expert
    in such caps. I owned several of the black and brown ones in the early 1970s, and own a normal one now from the Stadnicki collection.
    This appeared in a controversial place, and I wonder about it.

Here is another which was Beaver's and would like to own like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenSomething odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenZum Beispiel

The top is the "officer version" and the bottom is ex Beaver and on auction now.

I am comfortable with the bottom, but will leave the top example to you.

Happy hats.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast