Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Article about: Thanks to my colleagues for the RZM tag survey. The problem with all of this is really quite simple. Most people have never handled real material, and in this instance, a goodly chunk of rea

?

Default Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

A recent thread over on the cap forum sparked my interest again in these SS Feldmuetzen.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...uer-ss-220139/

I've never handled one of these black caps but have seen numerous on the internet. Something about them has always made me feel uncomfortable. They have all been in pristine condition but with well worn RZM tags. Then something else about the tags struck me as odd.

Let me post some examples and then perhaps we can get to the bottom of this. These tags are all from black caps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen   Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen   Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

Some more examples from black caps. These are different design tags though, can you spot the difference?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen   Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

?

How about a side by side comparison?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

Something odd about all these SS FeldmuetzenAs Bob Coleman will tell you, many of these survived, but in the last decade or so they are now widely faked. I used to own two in the 1970s, and inherited one of Ed Stadnicki's, pictured here. The fakes have odd tags, which you can tell from their poor printing, the textile is wrong, the Hoheitszeichen is wrong, and the button is wrong.

I had some nice ones, one of which, I think, is now owned by Bob Hritz. The one I present own came from Darryl Pajot and was Bob Coleman's at one point.

The textile is akin somewhat to overcoat cloth, actually. It is a rougher woolen than the normal tunic.

Hi Ben, looks like the letter "A" is printed inside the number box on these? No idea if this means anything?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

As Ade says above, the "A" is outside the box. In addition, the SS runes are white within black, then black within white.

Regards,

Carl

?

No compare to these ones. One thing is missing from both feldmuetze tags above that is consistantly seen on every other type of tag I've seen so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ben, looks like the letter "A" is printed inside the number box on these? No idea if this means anything?
    That's correct Ade but there's something else more obvious.

?

This will help..

Plainly the backgrounds of the RZM and runics is either black or white.

I have picture of the interior of mine from the 1970s, as the one I presently own is washed out.

- - Updated - -

The Feldmuetzen tags are different, to be sure, from other SS RZM tags.
    The fakes are poorly printed. And poorly stamped, and more or less easy to tell in person.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast