Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS 1st Class Marksmanship Sleeve Diamond

Article about: This is an item that has always intrigued me, and I'm considering picking this one up. It's a shame that the RZM tag is partially missing, but based on other original examples I've seen, thi

Default SS 1st Class Marksmanship Sleeve Diamond

This is an item that has always intrigued me, and I'm considering picking this one up. It's a shame that the RZM tag is partially missing, but based on other original examples I've seen, this looks like an authentic piece to me. I've tried to count the number of "lines" in the oak leaves, but this seems to vary from piece to piece. I thought I'd post it here for opinions before I make a decision. Thanks, guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1st Class Marksmanship Sleeve Diamond
    P
    Many

Hmmm, it seems like no one has any opinions on this one. Perhaps there's just not enough experience with this piece? Anyway, I wasn't able to grab it in time, so now I'm looking at another one. I was pretty certain of the first diamond's authenticity. This one, however, is a bit more puzzling to me. I'm not really sure about the buckram backing on it. I've also noticed that the "stems" of the oak leaves are a little different than the others I've seen, but then again, there is a lot of variation from piece to piece because they were handmade. The overall construction and stitching style seems to be the same, though. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not a common item for sure and I can't comment on originality but if it were me, I'd be hanging on for an example with a more complete RZM tag. For me, the tags add a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to an item, an 'extra dimension' as it were.

SS 1st Class Marksmanship Sleeve DiamondSS 1st Class Marksmanship Sleeve DiamondSS 1st Class Marksmanship Sleeve DiamondSS 1st Class Marksmanship Sleeve Diamond

It is of course entirely possible that shooting badge diamonds with their RZM tags removed were those that were issued to the Kyffhaeusserbund from SS stock after both organisations adopted these badges in 1938.
    d'Alquen

Yes, until I can find a better example, I'm going to hold off on buying this particular type of sleeve diamond. Thanks for the comments, guys!