Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.

Article about: Here is an SS 4 year service medal, the suspension ring looks wrong, it is round not oval. Also it is not pebble grained in texture. I believe it is a repro, but any help is great!. Sorry fo

?

Default SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.

Here is an SS 4 year service medal, the suspension ring looks wrong, it is round not oval. Also it is not pebble grained in texture. I believe it is a repro, but any help is great!. Sorry for the bad pics, i will try and get better pics asap. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.   SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.  

SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.

Compare to mine shown on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: SS 4 year service medal.............. i am pretty sure it is fake, any help.

Oh dear, lack of stippling, poorest of detail, suspension ring ...

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The picture posted was with an EK2 , but the picture quality was very bad and very small. However the ad poorly described the items, ie. Maltese Cross, not EK2 and just SS medal. The price for both items was very cheap. When i talked to the seller, he appeared to not really know anything about the items, just that when his 82 yr old uncle died the medals where found in the house. I was hoping he just didn't know what he had and was making a horrible mistake. Both items, the EK2 and the SS medal cost me $50. I will post pics of the EK2 in the decorations area in just a few, i believe it is real. ......... too bad on the SS medal !!!! As soon as i saw it, i knew ...............bad !