Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS allgemeine officer visor

Article about: Incredible t! where did you get these , my mother was making hats in the 50's and I know very well these tools. Notton

?

Default SS allgemeine officer visor

Hello Gentlemen,
    this is my first post here on this forum. Please, may I have your opinions on this cap .
    Thank you in advance.
    Notton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS allgemeine officer  visor   SS allgemeine officer  visor  

SS allgemeine officer  visor   SS allgemeine officer  visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS allgemeine officer  visor
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS allgemeine officer visor

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS allgemeine officer  visor   SS allgemeine officer  visor  

?

?

Hello again!

I'll do my best to get the ball rolling here and hopefully the more knowledgeable guys will also get involved.

As I said on the other forum, no problem with the insignia, they are genuine.

I can't be sure of the cap itself. I'm not that impressed by what I see inside the cap. It has a lot of strange staining and weird marks on the lining plus the mess on the velvet band behind the skull is very odd. Also, I'd prefer to see machine sewing on the sweatband/peak attachment but hand sewn is not impossible.

Oddly enough, I'm looking at another Officers black cap for sale at the moment that is very similar and I'm not sure of that one either.

I'll post some photos when I get some decent ones sent to me.

Cheers
    Ben

As comparison....the cap might be real, but also it could be an old fake. The thin paper sweat band is not an especially good sign. The cap badges are nice, but do not look original to the cap.

Collector taste tends to pack behavior and the enclosed piece tends to this norm.

Notton-
    As a norm, I tend to agree with te opinion of FB and do so once again.
    The black cap was worn by all branches of the SS, not just the Allgemeine branch.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thank you, Friedrich and Bob for your input, I really appreciate.
    notton

Notton's cap may be real, but because it has none of the marks expected by collectors, it swerves into a grey zone.

Also, it is similar in appearance to the Attwood fakes of the 1960s in some key aspects, but authentic caps also did have paper sweat bands and also the light colored lining seen here.

The cap cover seems possibly ok, but the badges were plainly added later. The black velvet band does not look to be 4.5 cms in width, which is not impossible, but changes the overall appearance.

The computer pictures cause many problems. I wish I could find a set of Cupal cap badges at a sane price.

I send greetings to Colleague Coleman. I looked for your grosse Ordenschnalle again without success just now.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS allgemeine officer  visor 

Quote by notton View Post
    Thank you, Friedrich for your input, I really appreciate.
    notton
    Thanks. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make things real, but these caps are rare. Attached is a piece in a natural state, found apparently in the refuse in Nuremberg in the early 1950s....
    Attached Images Attached Images SS allgemeine officer  visor 

?

Thank you again I think now that the cap rises too many concerns and it is a big investment of money to not to be sure of the authenticity of the items.I wnt to sleep well
    Cheers, notton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast