Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

Article about: Neophyte here, any help appreciated. Thank You. Ll

Default Re: Friedrich

While I doubt the tailor is still there on the Stubenring, since the war ministry is no longer at this address, nonetheless, this cafe is a couple of blocks away and well worth a visit, even if you might be indifferent to Viennese life.SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Friedrich

Here is the uniform with the Stubenring tailor's label. With apologies to Peter Jenkins, but he does find nice things. Obviously my tour of the Stubenring garners no response here. I was just there, actually.SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

Default Re: SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

The cafe looks like this inside, actually,SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

There are no black SS uniforms, or "sculls" in this picture. If there were, those with them would be in serious trouble with the Austrian Staatspolizei. The Kriegsministerium is out the front door, and down the Ringstrasse to the left towards the Danube canal. Next time I will look for the tailor, but I am sure it is long gone.

Default Re: SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

I personally enjoy these quick glimpses of Viennese Cafe Life.

Fortunately the original RFSS Cuff-title that belonged to this Uniform was found and restored. An RFSS Band with the Gothic SS Letters, I think.

Cafe Sperl in the Gumpfendorferstrasse, once frequented by you know....who.SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

I heard that the black uniform had its cuff title, too.

A remarkable piece. Congratulations to its owner where ever he or she might be.

There are many nice places like this in Wien, really.

?

sehr gemutlich!

happy yuletide & good tidings to you f-b and to all here assembled.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The cafe looks like this inside, actually,SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

There are no black SS uniforms, or "sculls" in this picture. If there were, those with them would be in serious trouble with the Austrian Staatspolizei. The Kriegsministerium is out the front door, and down the Ringstrasse to the left towards the Danube canal. Next time I will look for the tailor, but I am sure it is long gone.

Gemuetlichkeit is important nowadays what with the prospect of the four horsemen of the apocalypse at hand.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a good start into the year 2011. Thank goodness this decade is ending, and good riddance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?   SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?  SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?  SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?  SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value? 

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    further examples, for those who are interested.Attachment 162188Attachment 162189

None of these images appears here for the first time, and the thoughtful and reflective seeker of truth can easily avail themselves of these images as found on no other website in the whole, wide world...... and we place these here based on decades of experience with no recompense.

Do yourself a favor, too, and do not collect high end SS regalia without some clear spiritual counseling as well as focused, applied and acute expertise.

it is not for the faint of heart, and it is very costly and loaded with treachery.
    Well put.

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Well put.
    Thanks. A comment that concentrates forty four years of very costly experience.SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?SS Allgemeine Parade Dress Lt. Colonel Comments original or ? and maybe value?

There is a new trend in collecting that I find rather disturbing. I do not understand why anyone would collect any object in which he has no knowledge. The collector should be most knowledgeable and should know exactly what to look for and disregard the story, that is free, with a costly purchase. If you do not know enough about what you wish to collect, reach into your pocket and use that money for the best references available. Spend time talking to fellow collectors and go to the shows where you may examine material to test your own knowledge. Know what insignia is worn on which tunic. Know the manufacturing techniques of the pioing, the insignia backing material, the threads or aluminum bullion, period garment materials, techniques of sewing, types of thread used, and become an expert at every possible part of the tunic.

I believe my friend, F-B, has the patience of a saint when looking over the material that is posted, making comments and showing original material, only to be 'rewarded' by having his eyes assulted by the swill that is once agin posted. Is anyone, today, serious about collecting, or does everyone want someone else to do all the work? As F-B has mentioned, the acquisition of his knowledge has been expensive. He did not wake up, one day, to discover his skull was now full of details of authentic SS garments and headwear. It was a process of years of study, and learning from the mistakes, that brought enlightnment.

We all want to help, but there must be some effort, other than posting photos of something that can be gotten for bargain price, to learn and discern the authentic from the pathetic fake.

Bob Hritz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast