Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake

Article about: Price is \\$1000, owner states that it's original, but i don't know, can anyone help and let me know if it's real or fake, and what should i look for to spot the fake one. Thank you all.

ado
    ?

Default SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake

Price is $1000, owner states that it's original, but i don't know, can anyone help and let me know if it's real or fake, and what should i look for to spot the fake one.

Thank you all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake   SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake  

SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake   SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake  

SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake

the skull and eagle are fakes. can tell even without closeups id say hat is fake too..

A comparison for your consideration and reflection.

We have also richly equipped this site with many fine originals.

We salute you for spelling "Allgemeine" correctly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake   SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake  SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake 

Quote by ado View Post
    Price is $1000, owner states that it's original, but i don't know, can anyone help and let me know if it's real or fake, and what should i look for to spot the fake one.

Thank you all.
    Sorry, it is just a common ebay repro. See F-B's numerous threads on the topic (better yet, just read everything he has posted, and you will be 1/2 there....)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The dynamics of the internet are such that a long time spent reading is seen by many as a kind of 20th century thing.

The time needed to read same, however, is considerably less than the time I expended in writing these, to say nothing of the decades of experience (however flawed and denigrated by most...) that these posts might distill.

But I enjoin others to share what they know, too, as I have no monopoly on knowledge and am acutely aware of all the unanswered questions and the many "unknown unknowns" as celebrated by Herman Kahn.

Herman Kahn, by the way. He did not wear an SS cap, of course. Nor did he strike a very contemporary figure (i.e. the year 2010) as concerns present day aesthetics, plainly.
    Sometimes we have to diverge from our narrow focus, don't we?
    He was very 20th century, as am I.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake 

Here are some authentic SS caps, actually. I have shown these two dozen times, even before I realized the one I sold is now very famous, indeed, and now coveted by others who send notes to me.

I do not want to push things too far in the wrong direction, of course.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake  

Button, button, who has the button?SS Allgemeine Visor Original or FakeSS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake

The cap badges, do they match?

Notice Reichsparteitag regalia. I got it for cheap.

FB is the king !

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    FB is the king !
    Thanks, colleague, but let us not overstate things here to the detriment of the cohort. I simply have some old, silly hats.SS Allgemeine Visor Original or Fake
    It is also true that I have not photographed them for several years and there are some I have never shown, either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast