Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)

Article about: Hello all, I am a brand new collector, and purchased some items in a small collection. The person had been collecting for years and was referred to me by a trusted party. Given my lack of ex

Default SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)

Hello all,

I am a brand new collector, and purchased some items in a small collection. The person had been collecting for years and was referred to me by a trusted party. Given my lack of experience in this realm, I figured I'd post this to the group to see what people think.

SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)

This arm band is part of a small collection I recently purchased. The seller was very candid that he did not know the provenance of this particular piece, and said I'd be taking a risk (very small as he charged me very little for it) on it, and should seek authentication of some type.

I've tried to show the details, and he mentioned that the fact the swastika is a multi-part sewn-on pattern bodes well for it's authenticity. As before, thanks very much for the wisdom here, and I hope to learn enough to be able contribute as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)
    P
    Many

Totally incorrect manufacture and materials. It's supposed to be an SS armband, but is falling far short.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Okay, not entirely surprised on that one. At lease we have one more (apparently bad) reproduction picture for reference in the forum.

?

Cotton construction, and not multi piece Swaz.. The ribbing is odd.. Here is one for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)   SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

This is early S.A. cotton construction with printed swaz and black ribbing... Welcome to the Forum.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)   SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)  

SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)   SS arm band for review (New collector - wisdom appreciated!)  

Similar, but the black strip is all wrong. A wrap around ribbing applied to the edges? Is nothing that I've ever seen or even heard of.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Similar, but the black strip is all wrong. A wrap around ribbing applied to the edges? Is nothing that I've ever seen or even heard of.
    I agree..

Okay, so this one's crap. On to the next...

?

Quote by Rock Rey View Post
    Okay, so this one's crap. On to the next...
    Wait for other opinions as well..

I concur with my colleagues that this is a poor attempt to mimic a SS armband.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast