Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS armband

Article about: Hello Gent's i picked this SS armband up many years ago as an original, but you know how that can go. i have looked through the SS rzm tag thread, and it looks ok to me, but my eyes may not

?

Default SS armband

Hello Gent's
    i picked this SS armband up many years ago as an original, but you know how that can go. i have looked through the SS rzm tag thread, and it looks ok to me, but my eyes may not see things others do. so i would like some other opinions from those who know more about this than i do.
    it is made of cotton not wool. multy piece construction
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS armband   SS armband  

SS armband   SS armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS armband

Hi Andrew, I only have 2 areas of concern

1. cotton, not wool, it was my understanding that they were made from woollen material

2. The stitching to the black border appears to have red threads showing.

These bands were very well put together, and all the ones I have owned show black stitching on the black bands, and red where it's supposed to be. quite astonishing really, the amount of work that went into production.

However this is an early piece, so maybe it was cotton to start with? other than that it looks a very plausible piece

?

hi John,
    yes , they were made of cotton too. as to the red thread ? the black boarders are sewn on with black thread. i just looked at it and there are no red threads any place i can see. the pictures can be blown up pretty good for a better look with the change zoom level at the bottom right of the screen where it says 100% click on that to get zoom options. when i did it i think i understand what your seeing as red thread on the out side of the black band. it's just my camera making those red lines for some reason. i had to get the magnifying glass to take a better look. there are no red threads . i would take more pic's if you want a better look.
    andrew

hi guys, i noticed on this armband that the grains of the white material runs length wise. On all original examples i have seen it runs from top to bottom. To anyones knowledge which direction should they be mounted?

rgds, Tyrone

?

the white disk seen with the distinct ribs in the material is a different material than used on this one. if that helps any

?

no other comments ?

Personally, I like it, a nice early piece, sorry I didn't reply earlier, i missed the thread. But if the stitching is black, i do like the quality of it

?

thanks John,
    i always liked it too. my camera is not the best.

nice early piece,,,i like it

I collect the woolen ones, but I think your piece is authentic as near as I can see.

The Whammond site has some examples of cotton and woolen brasssards. The cotton was for the shirt, of course.

That is, the short shirt with the Bobi Haken for the belt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast