Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS armband

Article about: Hi guys, question about this armband and his 2 black borderlines. Shouldn't the motif be vertical on the armband instead of horizontal like in this case? Could this be a wrong armband then o

?

Default SS armband

Hi guys,

question about this armband and his 2 black borderlines. Shouldn't the motif be vertical on the armband instead of horizontal like in this case?
    Could this be a wrong armband then or not? Opinions would be most appreciated. If it turns out to be original, I'm thinking of trading or purchasing him. Thanks.

SS armbandSS armbandSS armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband
    P
    Many

Oh no! Not another dreaded "horizontal ribbed" armband!
    Actually, these bands have been the subject of a lively debate or 2 over the last several years. I believe that they have been adjudged as Good, but you still have advocates of the "bad camp" denouncing them...My personal experience is that they are,indeed, good.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If you don't want it, sell it to me cheap. Dobre?

Despite the controversial horizontal ribs, everything else looks fine. I'd say that it's a good one. It has been hypothesized that the horizontally-ribbed stripes were specific to a certain manufacturer, but we can't be sure... Here is a photo that FB once posted on the forum that shows such an armband attached (although he noted that it was not his tunic):

SS armband

Regardless of being original or not, in the current environment of split camps re good/bad, when it comes time to move it on you will be likely to find it easier to shift the more accepted 'vertical rib' type.

Wise words from Glenn. Given the price that SS items command, and the prevalence of fakes, the large majority of collectors will only consider so-called "textbook" examples when making a purchase. However, the choice is yours to make! You may not be overly concerned with the prospect of selling this piece anytime soon, and the most important question to ask yourself is whether YOU would be happy having this item in your collection for the foreseeable future.

Reading the above, may I repeat that I would be happy to buy it. I do not think it is maybe worth what a conventional one might be, but it is quite real.

I have a few of these.

?

Thanks guys for the replies.