Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS armband 61/35

Article about: Hi guys This could be my first SS item and I am currently in the process of purchasing it. I am well aware that SS items are notoriously reproduced nowadays and was just wondering if I could

?

Default SS armband 61/35

Hi guys

This could be my first SS item and I am currently in the process of purchasing it. I am well aware that SS items are notoriously reproduced nowadays and was just wondering if I could have some opinions on whether this is a fake or genuine piece before I finalise everything? This is coming from Thomas Wittmann and after reading some reviews on him, I am a little unsure of what to think. Some say that he is good, contrarily, quite a few don't possess such positive views. I am new to collecting German militaria and don't have a lot of knowledge in the area, so would really appreciate any help with this item. One thing I have noticed (and the lighting/my lack of knowledge may be contributing to this) but is the swastika a little skinny when compared to other SS armbands?

Thanks everyone
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS armband 61/35   SS armband 61/35  

SS armband 61/35   SS armband 61/35  

SS armband 61/35   SS armband 61/35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband 61/35
    P
    Many

Very nice item. You need now a black sleeve to go with it.SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35

The RFSS tag and also the contract tag with the year 35 are indeed faked, but in this case, you have succeeded.
    Do check with these people here and they will steer you in the right direction.
    This kind of brassard with the black tags are in high demand. I collect them as you see.

Well made fakes have existed for fifty and more years, and unused originals of these have existed even longer, of course.
    We have dozens of threads with them.

?

I understand Wittmann is in the spotlight as a dealer and promoter, and much of this is secondary to his own efforts and desire to be so, therefore, he will naturally be a recipient of both praise and criticism. I also understand the desire to ensure one is conducting business with someone they can trust. However, we should strive to rise above dealer bashing in this space, not to ignore the fact that this hobby is infested with many that seek to take advantage of those that are uninformed, but, it only does harm to us collectively when we spread hearsay and paranoia.

The 61/35 tagged Brassard receives a bit of extra scrutiny as a result of the Reddick reproductions that are passed off as originals to the innocent. For some, the aforementioned paranoia hangs over these variants like a specter and could potentially have an impact upon resale. It is here that collateral damage is done to genuine pieces. I believe that the item you have posted is genuine, although, I would like to see a bit better detail of the black bordering ribbons to be 100% certain. Perhaps you could request a more detailed image, or, post your own image once you receive the item, that is, assuming you have a right to return it after an inspection period.

?

I see FB posted before I finished and there you have it from the voice of authority.

Generalizations based on digital images one versus the other analyzed, in turn, by certain ambitious persons (not you) who have
    actually seen little real SS regalia can lead into nowhere. You have to handle these things over time.
    The fakes generally do not get the sewing of the Hakenkreuz right, or the Armbindentuch is off, or the tags are mashed up
    and so on. Tne RFSS tags are a cosmos onto themselves. The fakes are everywhere. What I include here are authentic from caps. SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I see FB posted before I finished and there you have it from the voice of authority.
    No, you may be right, but I think the back is ok, i.e. the RFSS tag and also the contract tag. Your point about the Texas vendor is spot
    on. I won't say anything about other personages other than to remark that for the novice the reading of entries about dealers also is enough to make anyone
    insane. I am not criticizing my friend, who had his own struggles on this account, as, of course, have I.
    You have to learn to cut through the thicket with these things and watch out not to be ground up by the vicious jealousy online
    as concerns this regalia. Dr. CMH is the citizen of the world with the highest ethical composure and ready generosity with this material.
    He leads a fairly lonely life, but there are some other good people here who will help you.
    I am just here for a few more days, and then I am back to my real-world tasks. Good luck. Of course, I also may be wrong, too,
    but my coup de oeil is positive. These armbands are often found in collections with the daggers, I will say. I collect them
    on the tunic, as does my friend, and I have some spares from the time when they were inexpensive.
    They used to cost fifteen dollars, but then fifteen dollars bought a lot more than today. That was fifty years ago.
    A brave new world.SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35SS armband 61/35

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I understand Wittmann is in the spotlight as a dealer and promoter, and much of this is secondary to his own efforts and desire to be so, therefore, he will naturally be a recipient of both praise and criticism. I also understand the desire to ensure one is conducting business with someone they can trust. However, we should strive to rise above dealer bashing in this space, not to ignore the fact that this hobby is infested with many that seek to take advantage of those that are uninformed, but, it only does harm to us collectively when we spread hearsay and paranoia.

The 61/35 tagged Brassard receives a bit of extra scrutiny as a result of the Reddick reproductions that are passed off as originals to the innocent. For some, the aforementioned paranoia hangs over these variants like a specter and could potentially have an impact upon resale. It is here that collateral damage is done to genuine pieces. I believe that the item you have posted is genuine, although, I would like to see a bit better detail of the black bordering ribbons to be 100% certain. Perhaps you could request a more detailed image, or, post your own image once you receive the item, that is, assuming you have a right to return it after an inspection period.
    Very sound and reasoned analysis and fine advice for the seeker. Hurra.

Another authentic RFSS tag in situ from the selfsame year 1935SS armband 61/35

photo Hermann Historica

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast