Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?

Article about: Looking for opinion on this armband. No tag. I'm assuming fake but I'm kind of new to this so if you could tell me some surefire signs I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

scorpio169
    ?

Default SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?

Looking for opinion on this armband. No tag. I'm assuming fake but I'm kind of new to this so if you could tell me some surefire signs I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?

2. # ADS

SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?Well, does your object look really like this?

One "surefire" method of many which I am not going to list since I cannot generalize about fifty years of experience in a sentence is how the white satin disc
    actually ages in fact, versus how some ham fisted fool has made your item just dirty.

SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?These used to be plentiful from un used supplies left over in wartime, and they have been faked for decades. The recent fakes are legion. It is impossible to keep
    track of all the varieties of fake. Yours is a primitive one.

SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?One other trait of the actual item is the oval shape of the satin disc. Or the egg shape of the disc. It is ever so slightly taller than it is wide, or, wear of the item
    on a tunic will deform the textile thus.

SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?SS armband. Doesn't look good. Opinions?Another fact, and here is where I end, is the deft sewing of the Hakenkreuz in its folds, etc. The fakes mash this up usually, so the thing is very lumpy, as is yours.
    The actual ones are fairly flat and plainly the result of a very skilled hand.

Good luck. If you are new to this, then spend a chunk of time each day reading the encyclopaedia we have written here.

Don't collect SS regalia without preparation and then ask for help in public. The results are usually a disappointment.

?

tl;dr
    As Friedrich says, its a piece of crap, made dirty to look real. Other than that the sewing work is awful.

Regards,
    Bas

Welcome to the Forum. I hope your first post has saved you some money.Study the examples posted by FB and the differences are quite apparent.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

scorpio169
    ?

Pretty much what I figured. Gonna pass on this one. Thanks guys.

Quote by scorpio169 View Post
    Pretty much what I figured. Gonna pass on this one. Thanks guys.
    These things are over priced, in my view, as originals, but we can also tell you where to go to find authentic ones, if you want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast