Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Armband no black stripe

Article about: I've done the blacklight test which was fine, I havent tried the burn test but i'm pretty sure that its wool. You want close ups of the fabric or the swastika?

NcPaint
    ?

Default Re: SS Armband no black stripe

I've done the blacklight test which was fine, I havent tried the burn test but i'm pretty sure that its wool. You want close ups of the fabric or the swastika?

2. # ADS

A close up of the swastika and complete mounting circle will be fine should the photo come out correctly.

Ty

NcPaint
    ?

here ya go close up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband no black stripe  

?

Here is mine to compare it to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband no black stripe  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

NcPaint
    ?

looks almost the same to me

Almost the same, but not quite. The one posted by Zwerge, is IMO original, alas, the band that started this thread, is IMHO fake

I must disagree that the armband is a fake. The tag shows the proper D code. I have obtained several of these armbands with SS RZM tags directly from veterans. SS armbands are found with both cloth and later paper RZM tags. They have been mistakenly identified as kampfbinde for the black SS mantel. The kampfbinde are period but for what purpose? This question has never been answered. My thoughts are these were issued from local SS office for wear by auxillary units. I recently saw a genuine political armband on another site with a fairly well made fake paper SS RZM label and black tape added. The mistake was using a F code on the tag. Attached are pictures of an earlier example of this armband with a cloth RZM tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband no black stripe   SS Armband no black stripe  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Here`s the tag on mine,but there is no SS mark.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Armband no black stripe 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Here`s the tag on mine,but there is no SS mark.
    Your armband is the standard political form kampfbinde, which is far more common than those encountered with the SS RZM tag.
    A nice original piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

NcPaint
    ?

Thanks for all the input guys, and thanks Bob for the extra facts about this band.
    Knowing who this came from makes me doubt that it is fake for a few reasons. 1) why would my grandfather have kept it with all his "aquired" war items? 2) he wasn't the type of person that would have purchased such an item, considering the bag of mis-matched silverware that I have of his. I reckon he stole a knife, fork, or spoon from every restaraunt/diner he ate at while serving.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast