Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SS Armband no black stripe

Article about: I've done the blacklight test which was fine, I havent tried the burn test but i'm pretty sure that its wool. You want close ups of the fabric or the swastika?

?

Default Re: SS Armband no black stripe

I agree - that is a good NSDAP Armband, and to me the label looks good. The SS paper tags I saw in some kind of NSKK cufftitles too
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

This is what I mean by opinions Its great to have a debate, and differ. I know a few would be happy with this armband. personally its not until you see it in hand that you can make a definite call on it.

Bob's one, and Zwerge's are IMHO fine, in fact, they are very nice

However. I stand by my original assumption, that "it would not be one for me at this time thank you" There's more than one "red flag" there (excuse pun)

NcPaint
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    "it would not be one for me at this time thank you"
    That's ok, it's not for sale anyways I enjoy all the information about the different items. The internet and GOOGLE can only do so much. I have many items, and the few i've shared were ones that I considered unique. This has been a great resource with many knowledgeable members.

CurtD
    ?

The stripeless SS armbands are still a mystery. But, they are period armbands. Many were recovered from the SS clothing depot at Dachau, indicating they belonged to the SS.

Thus far, no one has been able to find a picture of an SS mann wearing a stripeless armband and no documentation for such an armband has been discovered.

?

a very interesting discussion gentlemen . i confess to have no experience with these , but having read through the points raised , would it be the case , that all these armbands started life as the basic SA version and from the stockpile an amount would be ordered and allocated to the SS and transfered to another section in the factory to have the black bands applied , and perhaps these were picked up before that process had taken place , hence some tags with SS markings and some without ! just my thoughts

cheers al

NcPaint
    ?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    serving at the restuarant??? i would really like to see this cuttlery when you get time to photo them, are any unit marked?

While he was overseas he would grab different things ( mostly worthless ) that he thought he could use later when he got home. Ie; knives, forks, spoons etc.. He came from a poor farm family in the Mid-west and joined the Military at 17. I kept everything from him and usually have a laugh when I get out "grandpa's silverware" Not one piece matches

great story ncpaint, grandpa's silverware', made me chuckle

check out this link

Pauls done it again

The labels on these display the characteristics that the first one did not, and.......on all of these greatcoat bands, the swastikas are straight and not sloppy. I still say it makes me uncomfortable, sorry

http://www.relicsofthereich.com/shop...ph=2221&phqu=4

NcPaint
    ?

check out this link

Pauls done it again

The labels on these display the characteristics that the first one did not, and.......on all of these greatcoat bands, the swastikas are straight and not sloppy. I still say it makes me uncomfortable, sorry

Thanks John, those have to be what I have. Looks identical, but I dont see how anything is crooked/not straight on mine?

CurtD
    ?

check out this link

Pauls done it again

These are not greatcoat armbands. Everyone please help stamp out this myth.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast