Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS armband. real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out. I bought this SS armband from someone and everything seems good to me. Only thing i'm not sure about is the "C" on th

Wick-
    Avail yourself of our search engine. You will find many genuine examples to study. You will also find numerous fakes to study also. Welcome to the Forum. Consider becoming a Gold Club member as you will help support the work done here.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband. real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

If you notice also on Friedrich's real SS Armband the roundel is more of an oval and not a perfect circle like repros pump out. At least that is my opinion.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?
    Quote by Rossi View Post
    If you notice also on Friedrich's real SS Armband the roundel is more of an oval and not a perfect circle like repros pump out. At least that is my opinion.
    You are quite right. The real ones have an eggish shape. Perhaps the force of gravity is at fault?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-25-2015 at 02:29 AM.

SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?SS armband. real or fake?an object of struggle then and now....,

Red textile of the SS persuasion...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Red textile of the SS persuasion...

...which well makes my point as to the texture as well as color of said item. Thanks.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 843265

The red textile is too grainy. The weave is too obvious. The real ones are finer in their weave.

- - ------- - -

What yours does well is the execution of the crooked cross.
    This image is courtesy of a person here.
    Well said, FB. I was going to make the same comments, but you beat me to it. Also, I was pleased to see that my armband made it into this thread!

Wick, eventually you will become an expert at spotting authentic pieces from reproductions. It just takes time and careful research. I wanted to point out that there is a lot more wrong with the RZM tag on the piece in question than the fact that it doesn't have a "D" on it. You have to look at the shape of the tag, the way it is printed and stamped, and even the finish of the paper (which has a slight sheen to it -- almost waxy). Here are some more pictures of my armband, for reference (click to enlarge them). Compare the quality of the wool and the RZM tag with those of the armband in question. You may also run into an armband with the textile stamps on the wool, so it's important to know about those and what they look like.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You are quite right. The real ones have an eggish shape. Perhaps the force of gravity is at fault?
    Like all of us, perhaps they sag more with age.

?

very helpful here guys. Thank you for everyones time. Heres another question since i wanted to place flags above my items that i have, but once again i want stuff to be real (like everyone else) Here is a NASDAP flag, the owner of the shop says that it is real. I'm not familiar with the flags so can anyone tell me if it is from that era? WW2 GERMAN MILITARIA - Gallery: D-MFBP-6 Thank you all so much for all the help again! and glad to see people interested in the same collection as i am.(ww2 items)

The flag seems real to me. Flags of this type are easily found.

- - ------- - -

Quote by avenger View Post
    Like all of us, perhaps they sag more with age.
    Well said and very true statement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast