Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

Article about: Yes...Thank You Dr.CMH....for your photo essay. As the saying goes..." a picture is worth a thousand words". Best Regards, Ed

ETF
    ?

Default SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please

I believe this is a good armband but would appreciate all comments and opinions on it's authenticity. As we all know ...today you just can't be careful enough with SS items.
    Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please   SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please  

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please   SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please  

SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband with RZM Tag - Would like Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Looks good to me but i am no expert at all , others will let you know for sure , however that is a minty example

It looks good to me too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Material and construction looks fine to me, not sure about the tag though as it looks different from other examples. I recommend a search on the 38/38 tag to see if similar examples have been vetted previously.

ETF
    ?

Thanks for the comments and input guys. Glenn..I will see what I can turn up researching the tag.
    Regards to All,
    Ed

?

I do not particularly care for the brassard, though, for any useful opinion one must have a close inspection. There were some that were skeptical of this type of tag as found on armbands. Of course, there were skeptics of Adlers marked M17 that later turned out to be unfounded.

The following link will offer some further opinions, but, does not truly shed any light or certainty on the subject...

SS Armband with tag - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

CMH

ETF
    ?

DrCMH...thanks for your input, feedback and the link on the brassard. I went through the link and read the posts. Unfortunately, the opinions go back and forth and I cannot draw a definitive conclusion one way or the other. If need be I will take the armband to a couple of experienced collectors for an opinion based on a "hands on" inspection. I have a written lifetime originality guarantee certificate on the item and would like to know definitively one way or another. Again, thank you for all input and comments. They have been most helpful!

Regards to All,
    Ed

?

Quote by ETF View Post
    DrCMH...thanks for your input, feedback and the link on the brassard. I went through the link and read the posts. Unfortunately, the opinions go back and forth and I cannot draw a definitive conclusion one way or the other. If need be I will take the armband to a couple of experienced collectors for an opinion based on an "on hand" inspection. I have a written lifetime originality guarantee certificate on the item and would like to know definitively one way or another. Again, thank you for all input and comments.

Regards to All,
    Ed
    Thank you for your thanks. As I search for clarity on these little details I often find myself chasing my own tail. The hands-on inspection is really the only way to go...fingerspitzengefühl as FB has said often.

Regards,

CMH

ETF
    ?

You make perfect sense DrCMH. Since I have the written guarantee I'd like to get it "nailed down" one way or the other. I often chase my own tail as well on this stuff
    Best Regards,
    Ed

Although well made, I also believe this to be a fake armband and RZM label. By 1938, which the bottom number indicates, the switch had been made to paper RZM tags. This one is not for me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast