Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen

Article about: In the end it is a conglomeration of several things but it is a poor fake. Morris

Default SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen

This is something I've had in the Question box for a long time. Seems very well made, smooth back and hard metal gives me the impression it is original. I cant really find reference about it, and since its an SS item Someone must know what it is. If i could get $50 for it id be happy, or if its original trade it for a nice dagger or luftwaffe badge.

8 Sided Nazi Cross style with Enamel front, SS in red circle center. Surrounded by words "Mehrsein als Scheinen" with leaves painted in a semi wreath below center. Metal is not cast.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen   SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen  

SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen   SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen  

SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen   SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen

a fantasy piece. It is worthless. Sorry to impart unwelcome news, but such is the case, I am afraid.

?

Hi New England, I agree with FB, it's a fantasy piece that's a mishmash of several organizations and the casting is not good. The lettering is also rather poor, but the motto is from the NPEA, or the Nazi Student League, and means, roughly, "Be modest but always excel". I think the wreath below is probably borrowed from a WW1 patriotic brooch of some sort.

Agree with respect to originality. As to the translation, I'd put it (roughly) as "be more than you appear to be" or "be more than (your) appearance".

Ill have to settle for another dud. Oh well lol. On to the next one!

The original passage was that of Schlieffen while describing Moltke the Elder as the code of the general staff officer: viel leisten, wenig hervortreten, mehr sein als scheinen......

SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen

SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als ScheinenThe motto of the SS was: meine Ehre heisst Treue.....

If you have no knowledge of a piece, you can still be safe if you study the quality of original items produced in the period. The workmanship of this badge is amateurish and nothing close to the quality of an original enameled badge. As FB, stated, it is a total fantasy product of the 4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you have no knowledge of a piece, you can still be safe if you study the quality of original items produced in the period. The workmanship of this badge is amateurish and nothing close to the quality of an original enameled badge. As FB, stated, it is a total fantasy product of the 4th Reich.
    Couldn't agree any more, the enamel is awful.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Yeah, not the best looking, I agree

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast