Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS buttons

Article about: Hello, this is not my field. I have these buttons, it looks like it was made from silver. Made by Assmann. What do you think? It were found in mid 70's in Paderborn area in some factory, whe

Luko
    ?

Default SS buttons

Hello, this is not my field. I have these buttons, it looks like it was made from silver. Made by Assmann. What do you think? It were found in mid 70's in Paderborn area in some factory, where were big box of these buttons prepared to melting. Real or an old copies?

Thanks, Luko.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buttons   SS buttons  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: SS buttons

It is fake buttons
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

It's not a universal rule, but most pins, buttons, etc. marked with SS runes on the back, are generally fake. Like I said though, this is not a general rule, just something to keep in mind.

Matthew

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    It's not a universal rule, but most pins, buttons, etc. marked with SS runes on the back, are generally fake. Like I said though, this is not a general rule, just something to keep in mind.

Matthew
    I wish to disagree here. There are indeed buttons for tunics with SS marks which are quite real. Here is an example. AT the same time, the insignia in this thread above are quite fake.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS buttons 

All the buttons on this tunic so enclosed here are marked more or less as the piece above. The code number is different and of earlier date, but of the VA SS codes with the addition of the RZM mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buttons  

An authentic insignia button for the black overseas cap of 1934.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buttons   SS buttons  

handfull of fakes,,,,

I'm sorry but i do have to say that these are fakes. The original button that Friedrich showed has a completely different looking skull to the ones that Luko showed. Luko's ones simply look incorect, IMO.

Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    I'm sorry but i do have to say that these are fakes. The original button that Friedrich showed has a completely different looking skull to the ones that Luko showed. Luko's ones simply look incorect, IMO.

Regards,
    Finn
    The objects shown by Luko are part of the spread of internet inspired fakes with more accurate details, but which nonetheless fall short of the original.

My point was to correct the mis impression that buttons should not have SS runics, which is an error. It is also true that there now exist well made fake SS buttons in dizzying variety, some of which are made from authentic prototypes.

None of this easy, of course.

M 5/75 = Dr Franke & Cie Luedenscheid.

These buttons can have either the pre and or post early 1935 RZM system of license numbers or those of the VA SS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS buttons  

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification

Regards,
    Finn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast