Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS camo cap

Article about: Sorry for not using the right terminology for this capo but its just not my thing. I have been offered it and would appreciate any input as to its originality. There is a story with it, it w

Default SS camo cap

Sorry for not using the right terminology for this capo but its just not my thing. I have been offered it and would appreciate any input as to its originality. There is a story with it, it was found in the back of a British military truck which had been used for transparting wounded prisoners. I know better than to buy the story however brief but know that there are people whose opinion I value on this forum. As I do with all SS kit, I believe it to be wrong until told otherwise.
    Not the best photos as I had the cap in the hand for a 2 minute look only.
    All and any help much appreciated.
    Sorry if the photos are in the wrong orientation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS camo cap   SS camo cap  

SS camo cap   SS camo cap  

SS camo cap   SS camo cap  

SS camo cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS camo cap
    P
    Many

Does anyone have any thoughts about this cap one way or the other.
    Thanks for your time in replying as I don't have a clue.

Hello Friend, I have one made in camo cloth, so both sides camo.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks lebus12 Do we know if they made a sided cap?

I personally am not a fan of the skull. It doesn't compare well to other known originals. Here is a side by side comparison with a original example. Certainly the left crossbones and right eye have different details. Maybe more experienced members here can prove me wrong as I am always willing to learn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS camo cap  

I agree the skull insignia looks distorted and similar to know copies on the reenactor market.

Spent some time looking at the eagle too and am not a fan of it either. Again is an original compared with the one on the cap. Birds head, wreath and swastika differ.

Hope this helps,
    -John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS camo cap  

I agree with all comments above.
    I suspect the insignia is genuine but dyed to try imitate camp insignia. Plus camp insignia was not applied this way it was block applied.
    The story is just there to spice it up a bit.
    Jersey 34 I would avoid the cap if I were you.
    Cheers
    Dave

Thank you for your replies to this thread. I was not happy with the cap to start with and now have more information to confirm my thoughts. I won't be chasing this one for sure.

I've just spotted my post says camp rather than camo predictive text must have taken over.
    Cheers
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast